For the airman/mechanic who has everything...

Sonny, in the 1960s the MM was a couple of mimeographed sheets.
Jim
Well Pops, I recall seeing microfiche viewers in TWAs maintenance shop in the1960s, that were very similar to the ones we used when I started out. I own a set of G-1 Maintenance Manuals (revised in '66) minus the RR Dart manual, they are about as heavy as the Radar RT.

Last edited:
why....just why.....by now they've all been scanned and can be opened in xxx.pdf?o_O

Agreed that we'll wait until Hazard Fright invents theirs for $50. :) And I bet they'll at least make it electric or something. Handpumping something "ain't koo no moe".

By the way, I have one of those caps she's wearing. Got it at Brenham TX a few years ago.
Next time you go to Brenham, let us know, we'll meet you there.

I used to work on F-4s. I have a few Phantom bites. That thing was a nightmare to work underneath. Everything was too low to sit down in a chair or stool and too high to lay on the ground. I have more squat time than most MLB catchers.
Oh heck yeah! *rockhand*
My FIL worked on Rhinos in the Navy, on carriers. He was trained for radio and radar repair, in the nosegear wheel well. He always tells us stories of technicians who unbolted the equipment and without realizing that it weighed over 100lbs, they would promptly drop it on their foot, thus ending their walking days and career in the Navy as well.

Where I work, we are there, using notebooks and laptops to access manuals and e-sign for work accomplished. We've come a long way from mimeograph sheets.
I wish I could say the say the same.....I've tried to bring the group up to the 21st....but the old dogs haven't died yet. :(

Last edited:
Agreed that we'll wait until Hazard Fright invents theirs for $50. :) And I bet they'll at least make it electric or something. Handpumping something "ain't koo no moe".

Next time you go to Brenham, let us know, we'll meet you there.

Will do. Has the diner re-opened? I was there when the Blue Bell ice cream plant had to shut down, I was sad.

Back