Football Season is Back

Packers all the way, baby!

Got the NFL package at the hangar this year. It's going to be an epic season!

My wife's cousin does work for a couple Packers players. They are bringing over tickets to his house tonight. They may be staying for dinner, and I will be there.

Fawking Eagles!!! :mad2:

:mad:

The Falcon's didn't lose on Monday Night Football!
That game could've gone either way. I think the Eagles are going to be a contender in the NFC East this year. The Cowboys are probably the other contender but with Dez Bryant out for a while, the only thing the Cowboys really have going for them is their offensive line -- and without the necessary receivers/running backs, it might not do them any good.

Well, not to start up my tin foil hattery, but the Dal/NY makes me wonder about some kind of point spread shenanigans. Now we find out the RB was told not to score TWICE which would have given them 10 points(spread) up. Then, Eli tosses the ball in the cheap seats on 3rd down stopping the clock.

This is the kind of stuff that has 'fix' all over it. Particularly with the meteoric rise in fantasy football gambling via DraftKing, Fan Duel and some other sport book organizations. I'm sure I'm the only one thinking this...

<edit; I noted that in the book Dal had the game and ~5 points, so they didn't make the spread anyway. I thought it was NYG and 5, so I had it backward. Still makes me wonder>

Last edited:
They haven't lost a season opener in 8 years.
I should have know that, but somehow that fact escaped me.

I saw a graphic on MNF last night that showed that Atlanta has the lowest winning percentage of any team on Monday night. I think it was .270. I know I always cringe when they are on Monday night.

On the other hand, I expect to be cringing a lot next week when Ga. Tech travels to South Bend. I doubt they will be scoring their typical :)D) 65 points against Notre Dame. But I can hope.:yes:

My wife's cousin does work for a couple Packers players. They are bringing over tickets to his house tonight. They may be staying for dinner, and I will be there.
Cool! Which players? And what sort of work?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That would be really embarrassing for the Eagles.

That wasn't the Eagles. Watch the Dallas game next week. Then you'll see the Eagles.

That wasn't the Eagles. Watch the Dallas game next week. Then you'll see the Eagles.
Even if I give you crap about the Eagles, they are still among my top favorite teams, and when they play Dallas, I will be wearing my green shirt!

Cool! Which players? And what sort of work?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They weren't able to make it, Shields and Burnett. I guess McCarthy was ****ed at the team for a bad practice and gave them a 10:00 curfew tonight. Packers day off is Tuesday and road trip to Milwaukee for shopping and such is a big thing for a lot of players. He is sort of like a personal assistant, and does outings for the team when they need extra help beyond the regular staff. He did security at the last big golf outing and was at Favre's recent dinner they had for him. I didn't end up going to dinner, because doc put me on bed rest with a broken vertebrae. But my wife is going to the game Sunday without me.

They weren't able to make it, Shields and Burnett. I guess McCarthy was ****ed at the team for a bad practice and gave them a 10:00 curfew tonight. Packers day off is Tuesday and road trip to Milwaukee for shopping and such is a big thing for a lot of players. He is sort of like a personal assistant, and does outings for the team when they need extra help beyond the regular staff. He did security at the last big golf outing and was at Favre's recent dinner they had for him. I didn't end up going to dinner, because doc put me on bed rest with a broken vertebrae. But my wife is going to the game Sunday without me.
After the game Shields had Sunday, he's lucky to have a job, let alone a night off. For a while, we thought he was playing for the Bears...
;)

Even if I give you crap about the Eagles, they are still among my top favorite teams, and when they play Dallas, I will be wearing my green shirt!

I have to say that over my almost 50 years of watching them, I believe them to be one of the WORST NFL franchises in history. Yet, I am still a fan. Go figure. If you look up the word LOSER in the dictionary, you see an Eagles logo.

College: OU

NFL: don't really care, but the Eagles have a few Sooners on their team, so I'll pull for 'em when I see them on tv.

I should have know that, but somehow that fact escaped me.

I saw a graphic on MNF last night that showed that Atlanta has the lowest winning percentage of any team on Monday night. I think it was .270. I know I always cringe when they are on Monday night.

On the other hand, I expect to be cringing a lot next week when Ga. Tech travels to South Bend. I doubt they will be scoring their typical :)D) 65 points against Notre Dame. But I can hope.:yes:

I happen to be a temporary Tech fan, Justin Thomas is a hometown kid. I can only hope that they beat the brakes off the domers.

I'm a little surprised at some of the AP Top 25 Week 4 rankings. Some of them just don't make sense. Oregon dropped despite winning and USC is still ahead of Stanford despite losing. Alabama fell more than I thought they would.

The Packers looked sharp last night and finally beat the Seahawks.

Surprised OSU still tops it after their game against N. Illinois. They still don't know who's quarterback, though neither seemed able to do much (one of their scores was defensive). Thankfully the defensive line was solid. They didn't look like the number 1 team to me. Looked more like number 2.

Surprised OSU still tops it after their game against N. Illinois. They still don't know who's quarterback, though neither seemed able to do much (one of their scores was defensive). Thankfully the defensive line was solid. They didn't look like the number 1 team to me. Looked more like number 2.

They looked like an OK mid major. Certainly not #2.

We got some Big 10 biased in the polls this week.

Wisconsin got clobbered by an overrated Alabama team and beat up on two cup cakes and they're in the polls. Miss State was a decent kicker away from beating LSU and yet, they're out.

aTm is overrated too.

I hate Ole Miss HATE THEM. But, I'd have to put them at Numero Uno right now. They're the only ones who've done anything to speak of thus far. OSU has had two "meh" weeks. They'd be below Mich State in my polls. Too much credit given for last year IMHO.

I have to say that over my almost 50 years of watching them, I believe them to be one of the WORST NFL franchises in history. Yet, I am still a fan. Go figure. If you look up the word LOSER in the dictionary, you see an Eagles logo.

Quoting myself for wisdom. Eagles SUCK!

True, but aside from MState, who else is going to give them much of a contest this year? Michigan is still down, the Gophers aren't looking scary, and Penn State doesn't look to be going places, either. They stay at number one simply because of their likelihood of going undefeated at the moment.

True, but aside from MState, who else is going to give them much of a contest this year? Michigan is still down, the Gophers aren't looking scary, and Penn State doesn't look to be going places, either. They stay at number one simply because of their likelihood of going undefeated at the moment.

The other side is they're the defending champions and anyone and everyone is looking to take a piece out of them. Teams will do things against them this year that they won' two against anyone else possibly ever. Everyone is on their A game to play the Bucks this year. For just about every team, their game with the Bucks is THE game.

Still, N Illinois should not have even been in the game. By the fourth quarter there should have been lots of freshmen and sophomores playing a won OSU game, not the first string guys trying to hold onto a slim lead.

True, but NIU isn't a complete push over. They'd probably beat a lot of the bottom-tier teams in the major conferences. They have been dominating the MAC for over a decade now. I'm not saying OSU shouldn't have had their number based off of talent alone, but it's not like it was a complete patsy of an opponent. People will definitely be giving OSU their best shot, it's just going to take a lot for OSU to lose.

I'm a little surprised at some of the AP Top 25 Week 4 rankings. Some of them just don't make sense. Oregon dropped despite winning and USC is still ahead of Stanford despite losing. Alabama fell more than I thought they would.

The Packers looked sharp last night and finally beat the Seahawks.

Has there ever been a year when the college "rankings" have ever made any sense? LOL

Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Falcons!
I went to the Georgia game yesterday, they played Southern University from Louisiana. Their football team was completely outmatched by the dogs, the the Southern Band was AMAZING!!:yes::yes: I never pay attention to halftime shows, but these kids got a standing ovation from the entire stadium full of Georgia fans!:D

What blind coaches out there still have a 2-2 Oregon that just got slaughtered at #24.

Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Falcons!
I went to the Georgia game yesterday, they played Southern University from Louisiana. Their football team was completely outmatched by the dogs, the the Southern Band was AMAZING!!:yes::yes: I never pay attention to halftime shows, but these kids got a standing ovation from the entire stadium full of Georgia fans!:D
Grunt, sigh, #&)^:mad2: Congratulations Georgia. cough, spit.
(from a massively disappointed Ga. Tech fan).:redface:

But those Falcons sure came through against Dallas.!:yes:

Their football team was completely outmatched by the dogs, the the Southern Band was AMAZING!!:yes::yes: I never pay attention to halftime shows, but these kids got a standing ovation from the entire stadium full of Georgia fans!:D

They don't call the OSU Marching Band the Best Damn Band in the Land for nuttin'. Those guys practice just outside my building, too.

They don't call the OSU Marching Band the Best Damn Band in the Land for nuttin'. Those guys practice just outside my building, too.

tOSU band is good, but there are a ton of bands who claim to be "the best damn band", or the "grandest band in all the land", etc., but it doesn't make it so. :)

The Packers looked great again last night. Another 5 touchdowns and no interceptions for Rodgers at home. He's definitely playing at an MVP level.

The Packers looked great again last night. Another 5 touchdowns and no interceptions for Rodgers at home. He's definitely playing at an MVP level.

*cough* Brady *cough*

:D

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE! Roll Tide!

GREEN BAY PACKERS

I never watch halftime shows even at the Super Bowl, but these kids were really fun to watch! I felt sorry for the UGA Redcoat marching band that followed them! :( It was non-stop action for the entire 10 minutes of the show, even forming the halftime score on the field! :yes:

Atlanta Falcons are far exceeding expectations this year, and I can't be happier about it! The OL looks pretty good, which is a complete surprise considering last year's abysmal performance. Devonta Freeman is just having a studly season so far, and Julio... just wow. :)

tOSU band is good, but there are a ton of bands who claim to be "the best damn band", or the "grandest band in all the land", etc., but it doesn't make it so. :)

True story. Check out Jacksonville State, University of North Texas, James Madison University and Morehead State University (and there are certainly others) if you want to see truly world class marching bands.

Back