Football Season is Back

LevelWing

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LevelWing
Football season is back! College week 1 is complete, and NFL week 1 starts this week. Who's your teams (both college and NFL)?

College: Ga Tech.

Pro: Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Indianapolis and Philadelphia. Philly is a hold over because my formative years were spent booing the Eagles at home. In Philadelphia, "booing" is an art form and can be a sign of respect, if not affection. You don't boo crappy teams or players. You boo the greats when they screw up.

College: Mississippi State
NFL: Couldn't care less.

Too bad tOSU has a cake walk to bowl season. One ranked team who didn't even look that good against a directional Michigan team.

Too bad tOSU has a cake walk to bowl season. One ranked team who didn't even look that good against a directional Michigan team.

That's always your lament when the Bucks do their thing. Too bad we don't play your guys, so we could squash them flat. Be fun playing Mississippi State in the Shoe in November. Fun for us, that is.

I'm hoping that if some of their games are close enough, they'll fall from #1. Alabama has a pretty tough schedule, especially in comparison to OSU.

That's always your lament when the Bucks do their thing. Too bad we don't play your guys, so we could squash them flat. Be fun playing Mississippi State in the Shoe in November. Fun for us, that is.

Only once (and that was 2014) have the Bucks ever beat an SEC team in the post season.

I don't think OSU makes it through an SEC west schedule without a loss.

We'll never know because they play in the JV league. Maybe Harbaugh will bring some respectability back to the BIG(however many) before Urban has another bad recruiting year heart issue.

Auburn/Carolina. I think this will be an interesting year. tOSU will certainly be in the running, not even the most fervent luckeye cant argue their soft schedule. I think there are 3-4 SEC teams with potential, bama being the best choice though it pains me to say. TCU, Oregon and Notre Dame get honorable mention. Im sure there are others I am forgetting.

College: I'm not watching any of it until that dumpster fire in Ann Arbor is extinguished.
NFL: I'm a Saints fan, which also appears to be smoldering.

College: Nobody. Hate Penn State for obvious reasons.
Pro: Eagles :rolleyes:

Yes, I was at the game in 1968, at Franklin Field, when they threw snowballs at Santa AND Booed him! :D

Joe must go!

Boston,college,the gators
New England Patriots

The Bucks will win the national championship again, I bet. Their schedule isn't easy, it just looks easy because they're that good.

The Bucks will win the national championship again, I bet. Their schedule isn't easy, it just looks easy because they're that good.

LOL. Denial aint just a river in Africa.

Their SOS is 42nd in the nation, SMU plays a tougher schedule :rofl:

only one is in the top 25.

Only 3 are in the top 40.

College: Too many teams to choose from.
I graduated from an Art School where I was on the Watercolor team :D

My kid's going to either Ohio State or Wisconsin next year, so I'll choose one then.

NFL: Detroit Lions, and yes, I'm a very patient guy...

After week 1 and looking at their schedule, I think they'll make the playoffs. Winning the National Championship? I'm not sure about that.

College: I'm not watching any of it until that dumpster fire in Ann Arbor is extinguished.
NFL: I'm a Saints fan, which also appears to be smoldering.
I thought you were a Duke fan! :D

College: *cough*Kansas*cough*, whose football program looks like that squirrel that's been run over so many times there is nothing left but a stain. So it's like not having a favorite team at all.

NFL: KC Chiefs. I'm not a super-fan, but they are the home team.

Football season is back!!!

Yawn.

NASCAR season is almost over, then it is a week or two until the real sports start (College Basketball).

College: Buckeyes
Pro: Pats

If that's all TCU has to offer, I say bring it. 'Bama outfoxed the Badgers but the Bucks are DEEP this season.

kelsi-reich.jpg

College: Texas Tech Red Raiders - wife & I are alums; our kids soon will be.

NFL: Dallas Cowboys - I was born and raised in Cowboy territory, so it took a'hold of me at an early age. I make no apologies!

I gotta say, I'm much more pragmatic about how my teams fare than I was in my youth. I hate losses, but it doesn't wreck me for a few days. I get over it pretty quickly :)smilewinkgrin:).

College: Alabama

NFL: Seattle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

College: Tennessee

NFL: I don't watch a ton of NFL, but usually pull for Colts/Broncos/Falcons...

College: Too many teams to choose from.
I graduated from an Art School where I was on the Watercolor team :D

My kid's going to either Ohio State or Wisconsin next year, so I'll choose one then.

NFL: Detroit Lions, and yes, I'm a very patient guy...

Do your kid a favor and push them to Ohio State.

College: Ohio State
Pro: Packers and Browns

I hope not and if they do I'm sure it'll have another asterisk next to it.

Yes, I believe that too, now the most hated team in the country apparently, it will be sweet if they can pull it off.

Packers all the way, baby!

Got the NFL package at the hangar this year. It's going to be an epic season!

College; UCLA, gotta support my alum.
NFL; 'boys, Broncos, Chargers.

Pats already involved in a controversy first game.

docmirror said:
Pats already involved in a controversy first game.
Normally this would be chalked up to technical difficulties but given that it was not just with the Patriots, but in Foxborough, it looks suspicious. It may not be, but given everything else you can't help but wonder. Mike Tomlin is pretty upset about it. The NFL has said they issue the headsets and the rainy conditions caused it but it's just the appearance and timing of it.

Normally this would be chalked up to technical difficulties but given that it was not just with the Patriots, but in Foxborough, it looks suspicious. It may not be, but given everything else you can't help but wonder. Mike Tomlin is pretty upset about it. The NFL has said they issue the headsets and the rainy conditions caused it but it's just the appearance and timing of it.

Exactly. I'm almost, almost sure it had nothing to do with the Pats being cheaters, but the stain is on the blue dress now.

Don't let any facts get in the way of your imagination.

And I bet the Steelers are blaming the Patriots for them not covering Gronk all night.

College: Anyone playing USC

NFL: Giants - or anyone playing the Cowboys...

College: Don't care.
Pro: Broncos
And my fantasy team: Prairie Chickens

The recent expose' on the Pats relationship with Goodell and the mass cover ups was no surprise.

They pointed out that the headset thing has been going on for years there, long before this incident.

It's probably beyond time a civilized society stopped paying for their stadiums through taxation.

They can take some of it out of Goodell-Bot's $44M a year.

Week 1 of NFL is over. Anybody surprised by anything?

Back