Flying Magazine 2 Years/$4

Never have understood why it's the target of so much derision. It was better than Playboy during my flight obsessed youth.

Well, not really.

:goofy: Am I seeing things or do they have the same jet on the cover of every issue? A Premiere?

I just got one of those. Mine came from TiVo.

I've been harshly critical of Flying over the past several years due to its over-emphasis on heavy iron. But to give credit where it is due, the last several issues have been excellent, with good coverage of all segments of G.A. Are they returning to the glory days of the '60s and '70s? I hope so.

I've been happy with it. I pass it along to non-pilot friends and they like it. I credit the magazine with inspiring four people I know to become pilots.

I think my subscription cost was $18/3 years. Heck, Martha Lunken's writing alone is worth more that.

I know it's not anyone's favorite publication, but Discountmags.com has a two year subscription to Flying Magazine for $4:

http://www.discountmags.com/product/5669/flying

You need to use coupon code 9831 at checkout.

I figure you can't be wrong at that price.

I get mine free as either a NAFI and SAFE Member . I am members of both, but cannot remember which org has the mag as a "benefit".

I hope they don't have wall to wall, "I'm Richard Collins and no one is as good a pilot as me!"
:incazzato:
But I ordered it.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Good heads up, thanks. For four bucks, why not?

Thanks for the heads up just bought it.

I have never really read it but for four bucks, I'll check it out thanks.

I've been harshly critical of Flying over the past several years due to its over-emphasis on heavy iron. But to give credit where it is due, the last several issues have been excellent, with good coverage of all segments of G.A. Are they returning to the glory days of the '60s and '70s? I hope so.

I recall thinking that Flying devoted too much space to big iron when I used to read it at the library back in the 1960s.

Dave

The cover image this month is a Corvalis TT. Sweet, but definitely not Big Iron.

NAFI definitely has it as a membership benefit, and I think that SAFE does now too. I switched from the former to the latter this summer, but the magazine still has the NAFI sticker on it. :dunno: (I note that FlightPrep also provides a discount to SAFE members. I think that SAFE should probably look at dropping that "benefit" of membership!)

I love the writing of Lane Wallace and Martha Lunken.

I know it's not anyone's favorite publication, but Discountmags.com has a two year subscription to Flying Magazine for $4:

http://www.discountmags.com/product/5669/flying

You need to use coupon code 9831 at checkout.

I figure you can't be wrong at that price.

Pretty hard to pass that up. I subscribed.

Where did you come across this code? I'd subscribe to more magazines if I could get them for these kinds of prices.

I must be the slow one. It wont let me use the code. Said it's valid for 2 years and the price stays the same.

They could have calculated their postage loss already for the next two years with this coupon and pulled the plug.

I must be the slow one. It wont let me use the code. Said it's valid for 2 years and the price stays the same.
You need to select a 2 year subscription on the drop-down list. When the page first opens it defaults to one year.

Still works. I just subscribed for 2 years at $3.99.

Still works. I just subscribed for 2 years at $3.99.

Martha and Lane are worth that if there is nothing else worth reading, but, I like Tom Beneson, Robert Goyer and the other writers also. I guess I am in the minority, but I think it is worth the cost.

Can't pass this up, looks like I'll have to shift to Plane & Pilot as my go-to airport terminal newsstand purchase for tube rides. I think I'll put it in my son's name, time to create another monster. :wink2:

Back