Flying Is So Awesome

Sinistar

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brad
So I'm just a lowly student now signed off to solo. Last night the winds were calm so took the old Skylane out for several touch and go's. Then full stopped, drank a bunch of water and departed to the practice area to just fly on my own for the first time. AWESOME. Peaceful. Alone. Private. Could feel the adventure. Didn't want to fly back...but my tablet was down to 8% so I didn't want have to rely solely on my VOR skills and get lost :) Cleaning a thousand smashed bugs and still smiling!

I agree....you don't EVER want to be without a tablet, that's when BIG TROUBLE happens.

I kid, I kid. yes, flying is awesome.

Sometimes going up for no reason at all and flying around the practice area or the shoreline is what makes me love flying GA. I don't need to have a mission or destination in mind to make it worthwhile. Keep up the good work.

I enjoy flying a lot, just purchased a glasair but need a check ride. Can't wait, new member hope to hear from some glasair owners too
Thanks caRmen

Hehehe. On my first real solo flight like that (this was pre magenta line days) I accidentally drew a line from the VOR to a closed military base that was five miles from the towered airport I actually wanted to do touch and goes at.

I get on frequency and listen as I'm getting closer and am pretty nervous about all the traffic. I finally announce and am told to announce on a right downwind. I announce and the next words went something like, student bugsmasher ident. Cessna 123 right 360. Piper 456 extend your upwind, I'll call your crosswind.

I ident and the controller goes, uh, do you see those big yellow Xs on that runway? How about you come 5 miles west and report a right downwind?

Needless to say, by the time I made it the few miles west, the pattern was devoid of any and all traffic.

Man I felt like an idiot!

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also considering buying a friends 250 Comanche.
Just because its such a cool looking plane.
Ca

I am surprised your CFI allows you to use a tablet. Mine didn't. I also had to fly the pattern from takeoff to landing with a towel covering the entire instrument panel.

I did get lost on my first trip out to the practice area. Had it not been for finding The Alabama River and following it back to a runway, I might have flown to the gulf. :blush:

I am surprised your CFI allows you to use a tablet. Mine didn't. I also had to fly the pattern from takeoff to landing with a towel covering the entire instrument panel.
I sure am glad you didn't lose oil pressure. You would have never known. I definitely don't agree with your CFIs tactics. There are better ways to cover individual flight instruments for partial panel operations.

Please tell me that pink Velocity is yours. :D
LOL

Nope. A Velocity XL that flew up from JAX. Got about 30kts over mine. Good looking XL though. Not sure I'd go with pink. Unless it's been autoclaved, they still recommend white paint on composites. Seen a few pink/yellow canards so maybe it's not that much of an issue.

I saw it again.!!!

That's it, I quit.!! No, I mean it this time. Really....:cheers::lol::lol::lol:

Oh thank goodness someone else saw the pink plane....... I thought I was going to have to stop drinkin'....
I'm sober and I noticed it first thing. Ha! Anything that color sticks out like a sore thumb.

Mary Kay used to have a pink jet.
She may have croaked by now, but I used to see it around at FBO's.

Last edited:
Back