Flying into Airventure 2016

Oh, my bad. Please forgive me.

We need to get little male/female symbols by our screen names. I hate to mistake one's gender.

Personally, I like that Cajun gets mistaken for a male pilot. Here's why: Because sometimes people talk crap thinking she's a guy. And I think there's a lot to be said for acknowledging someone as an equal rather than finding an excuse to be dismissive.

I know that didn't come out the way I meant it to... but you know what I mean.

Personally, I like that Cajun gets mistaken for a male pilot. Here's why: Because sometimes people talk crap thinking she's a guy. And I think there's a lot to be said for acknowledging someone as an equal rather than finding an excuse to be dismissive.

I know that didn't come out the way I meant it to... but you know what I mean.

Yes
She is one who can totally hold her own with the boys. Funny as s**t and able to banter.
I think generally female pilots come here and get pushed away because we suck on the whole when it comes to women here and they either turn b***hy or bail.
Not all but most. (I said suck on the whole)

Cajun gets huge props for fighting through and establishing herself.

These are my 2 favorite posts on this board since I have been here:

This is freaking hysterical:
Post 14 in this thread by @cowman about the anvil
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/time-to-get-cirrious.86110/#post-1895401

And Cajun freakin wins the internet with this post. I was mad I didn't do a better job after reading her response.
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/911-whats-your-emergency.96888/#post-2105185

I hope we never pizz Cajun off and make him leave.

The only reason I like to know when I'm addressing a woman, is so I know when to watch my foul tongue. I was just raised to be more polite around the women folk. That's all.

The only reason I like to know when I'm addressing a woman, is so I know when to watch my foul tongue. I was just raised to be more polite around the women folk. That's all.
Exactly. And that's part of the reason that I like when people dont know. Because they DON'T watch their tongue. And I think Cajun likes it that way.

I'm sure you meant 'her', goofball. :)

Knowing 6PC, I'm guessing that slip up was intentional :)

And I think Cajun likes it that way.

*nods* I started here with a picture of myself as my avatar, but got fed up with the weird PMs and the way people responded to me in some of the threads. Basically what 6PC said - "I think generally female pilots come here and get pushed away because we suck on the whole when it comes to women here and they either turn b***hy or bail." Been a much happier camper since I switched my pic to the KBID airstrip. Although, am considering switching up to my viking picture... a happy middle ground!

Yes
She is one who can totally hold her own with the boys...

My mom is one of those really girly girls... sparkly shirts, nails always done, pink crap everywhere and always hitting up **** like craft fairs. When I was 19, I sat her down to break the news to her that I intended to move out of the house and in with my boyfriend. Before I could say anything, she started crying. I was like, "Mom, what the hell? I haven't even told you what's going on yet." She gets this mega dramatic look on her face, sobs a little more, and goes, "I know what this is about! I've been waiting for this day, I'm just not ready for it yet. Your dad... he's going to be so upset."
At this point, I figured she somehow knew and was just going to be super dramatic about it. I braced myself.
"I'll start packing my stuff and be out of the house this weekend."
"No, you don't have to leave! I never said..."
"I know I don't have to, but I want to."
"But we can get through this! It will be hard at first, but maybe you can talk to the priest."
"What the hell are you talking about, mom? Why would I talk to the priest about moving out?"
"I'm sure there are other gay people at Church and maybe they can give you some advice on ways to cope with..."
"Gay? You think I'm gay!"
Now she was the one who looked confused. "Well, yeah.... aren't you? Isn't that what this is about? Aren't you coming out?"
"Jesus Christ, mother! NO, I'm not gay!!! I like men. Tall men. Men with penises! BIG penises!" (what, it's true...;))
"But you were always a tomboy... climbing trees and talking about airplanes. Then you cut all your pretty hair off before you went to live in Costa Rica last summer. So, wait... you're really not gay?"
o_O

I still give her hell about that conversation! haha

Knowing 6PC, I'm guessing that slip up was intentional :)

*nods* I started here with a picture of myself as my avatar, but got fed up with the weird PMs and the way people responded to me in some of the threads. Basically what 6PC said - "I think generally female pilots come here and get pushed away because we suck on the whole when it comes to women here and they either turn b***hy or bail." Been a much happier camper since I switched my pic to the KBID airstrip. Although, am considering switching up to my viking picture... a happy middle ground!

My mom is one of those really girly girls... sparkly shirts, nails always done, pink crap everywhere and always hitting up **** like craft fairs. When I was 19, I sat her down to break the news to her that I intended to move out of the house and in with my boyfriend. Before I could say anything, she started crying. I was like, "Mom, what the hell? I haven't even told you what's going on yet." She gets this mega dramatic look on her face, sobs a little more, and goes, "I know what this is about! I've been waiting for this day, I'm just not ready for it yet. Your dad... he's going to be so upset."
At this point, I figured she somehow knew and was just going to be super dramatic about it. I braced myself.
"I'll start packing my stuff and be out of the house this weekend."
"No, you don't have to leave! I never said..."
"I know I don't have to, but I want to."
"But we can get through this! It will be hard at first, but maybe you can talk to the priest."
"What the hell are you talking about, mom? Why would I talk to the priest about moving out?"
"I'm sure there are other gay people at Church and maybe they can give you some advice on ways to cope with..."
"Gay? You think I'm gay!"
Now she was the one who looked confused. "Well, yeah.... aren't you? Isn't that what this is about? Aren't you coming out?"
"Jesus Christ, mother! NO, I'm not gay!!! I like men. Tall men. Men with penises! BIG penises!" (what, it's true...;))
"But you were always a tomboy... climbing trees and talking about airplanes. Then you cut all your pretty hair off before you went to live in Costa Rica last summer. So, wait... you're really not gay?"
o_O

I still give her hell about that conversation! haha

Friggin' hilarious! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh, my bad. Please forgive me.

We need to get little male/female symbols by our screen names. I hate to mistake one's gender.

I tried that once and almost got banned.

Edit: Oh you mean the official symbols... yeah.

I changed my avatar just for you guys. Am I gonna get in trouble? :rofl:

:frown2:After all this, I decided I'm just going to post a pic of myself, so there's no confusion as to my gender.

lumberjacks-103.jpg

Bryan, I'm so sorry about the EXTREME thread drift. :frown3:

It took me awhile but I finally managed to mast***ate to this.

I haven't been able to masticate since the "Deficate then Aviate" thread. Just as soon as I was starting to get my appetite back, someone started a thread about sticking their hairy man toes in some chick's shrimp.

@OkieFlyer - I'm calling fake! Based on my calculations, if his hands were spread out, the estimated forefinger tip to thumb tip distance clearly indicates that the between leg bulge should be approximately 1.65 inches smaller than is currently being displayed. But nice plaid.

We flew in Sunday around 10am before it got super busy. Then we spent an hour in the afteroon along the flightline watching the arrivals and listening on the radio. It was fun to watch. I'll have to upload the video I took and post a link to it. Your arrival might be in it.

We flew in Sunday around 10am before it got super busy. Then we spent an hour in the afteroon along the flightline watching the arrivals and listening on the radio. It was fun to watch. I'll have to upload the video I took and post a link to it. Your arrival might be in it.
Which brings up a point I make every year: Why doesn't EAA video tape all landings at OSH? If they did it with a GoPro, the screen shots possible are high resolution and EAA could sell them (or the video clips themselves) for a fortune.

I would pay $25 for a great jpeg of me landing on Rwy 18R. I suspect I'm not alone.

Let's see....10,000 airplanes...if even half of them wanted the pic...

Example: This is a screen shot of Mary and me over our island home, taken from a GoPro video:

388e912c2e106e330644659943d86c84.jpg

Which brings up a point I make every year: Why doesn't EAA video tape all landings at OSH? If they did it with a GoPro, the screen shots possible are high resolution and EAA could sell them (or the video clips themselves) for a fortune.

I would pay $25 for a great jpeg of me landing on Rwy 18R. I suspect I'm not alone.

Let's see....10,000 airplanes...if even half of them wanted the pic...

Sounds like a damn fine business opportunity for an aspiring photographer.

I talked with the guys who do the webcams from A/V a couple years ago about sticking a webcam out near 9/27 to record arrivals and departures. The FAA nixed the idea when it was proposed, for whatever reason.

I still think it's a great idea! (great pic by the way, Jay)

Jim

Smoketown does landing photos at their fly-in, I'm surprised they don't do that at Oshkosh.

You are exactly right IMO. I didn't attend this year but I would've loved to have a video of all the planes landing and taking off. I would've loved to see what type of planes were at the show and how they landed. That is a great idea....Implement it and I will be your first customer.

I talked with the guys who do the webcams from A/V a couple years ago about sticking a webcam out near 9/27 to record arrivals and departures. The FAA nixed the idea when it was proposed, for whatever reason.

I still think it's a great idea! (great pic by the way, Jay)

Jim

There's nothing stopping some enterprising photog from camping someone out next to the 2 main runways all week and taking pics/video of all the arrivals. Problem is that's basically 10 hours per day, for 2 people (2 runways), for over a week. I think there's a market for these pics, but it might be hard to find people that wanna spend a week in one place taking them.

If I google my tail number there are a bunch of pictures others have taken of my plane landing at Oshkosh over the years. Pictures of me landing, taxiing and my plane parked too. One of the pictures of me landing was really good... The link I found for that picture offered to sell me a higher resolution for a fee. So there are people out there doing that.

Wow - just wow...

I loved the complaint about the Basler fuel truck not responding to her immediate demands. I suppose she missed the whole thing about attaching your fuel request ticket to the prop. I'm guessing she expected them to stop everything they were doing and IMMEDIATELY tend to her. What a b****.

I thought Snowbird 10 how to fly the Ripon approach. He had previously read the notam, but hadn't ever flown it so I let him do so in my Navion. He nailed the yellow dot pretty well for his second landing in the Navion (and the first was at Wapaca a few minutes earlier).

Back