Flying in Aruba?

Frogs97

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Frogs97
Looks like we're going to be taking a trip to Aruba next year. Anyone familiar with it? I was hoping to at least take some instruction, and get to log time there. It doesn't look like there's much in the way of anything GA on the island.

I stopped there on a cruise. I don’t think there are any piston type planes there. Enjoy the beach

Was there a couple years ago. Didn't fly a plane but the windsurfing and kite surfing was awesome. Make sure to hit Paul's Brauts on the beach.

We were there several years ago and wanted to fly around the island. The price for a helicopter tour was off the scale. Contacted a flight school there with a nice 172 with an instructor. He insisted I fly even though we just wanted a tour. A little over an hour and I paid $200 for plane, fuel, instructor with a
nice tip. The guy was great and it sure gives a different perspective of the island. Keep in mind the wind blows hard every day, all day.
Dale

We were there several years ago and wanted to fly around the island. The price for a helicopter tour was off the scale. Contacted a flight school there with a nice 172 with an instructor. He insisted I fly even though we just wanted a tour. A little over an hour and I paid $200 for plane, fuel, instructor with a
nice tip. The guy was great and it sure gives a different perspective of the island. Keep in mind the wind blows hard every day, all day.
Dale

About $200/hr dual in a 172 isn't too out of line. I paid that much 11 years ago in Hawaii. That's much less than a helicopter tour would cost.

Back