Florida Fatal with a twist

Wow why? Because someone would fly for years without a certificate? I think it happens way more often that you might expect.

Not just that he was flying without a certificate as I have known a few pilots who have done that and I am quite aware that many more do so. It was the total story that made me think wow. Such as:
Lying on his medical
He didn’t give his certificate to an FAA inspector when requested
Didn’t listen to air traffic controllers
Operated his plane in a careless or reckless manner
His friends, family, and fellow pilots were not aware his certificate was revoked
He owned an aviation company

So this guy was quite the violator and managed to run an aviation company and fool so many folks. I really have a hard time believing that no one knew about him.

Also, all of the folks who I've known who flew without a certificate flew older single engine aircraft that are less expensive and that draw less attention from folks. Plus if you crash one of those, the financial blow due to insurance not covering it is far less than if you crash a high performance twin such as a 335. Of course if you die in the process, I guess it really doesn't matter.

And the much younger wife added a little wow factor but wasn't really what caused me to say wow.

But maybe you have known of similar situations as this one so you might not have been as wowed as I was.

I see where you're coming from when you put it that way I guess.

I introduce my wife as "my first wife." I always get a second look.

What I found out long ago is that every time you talk to your wife you should remind yourself that:

This conversation is being recorded for training and quality control purposes.

That's why I no longer have one!

What I found out long ago is that every time you talk to your wife you should remind yourself that:

This conversation is being recorded for training and quality control purposes.
Yes, and Kompromat. :eek:

I used to joke that my second wife was "being born right about now", however I've ditched the joke when I realized that eventually I might be dead by the time this imaginary second wife reaches legal age (hopefully not, I'm 45 now; and no, my wife ignores pretty much all of my stupid humor).

Hmmmm...

Thanks for that, my wife is still laughing! I missed that when it aired, did SNL do any more of those? The stories I could tell you about married life with vast age differences is pure comedy.
Dave

What I'm learning from this thread is that we have a lot of dirty old men on this board.

I’m about 9 years older than my fiancee, and one day she made some crack about my age, so I respond with “Dammit, you’re out of the band, Ringo!”

Her: “Who is Ringo? Is he one of the Jonas Brothers?”

Me: “F****************k!”

That is an old wives tale that was most certainly propagated by old wives.

I distinctly remember reading that sage advice in my Greek Lit class, from several hundred years BC. That would make it a very, very old wives' tale . . . . My bride was half my age plus 7 years, plus another 7 years for good luck. Still younger than me, not sure what kind of insurance she's gonna have when I retire.

The rule is half your age plus 7.

<does some mental math>

Dammit, my wife is too old! :rofl:

Oh, that's the youngest they're supposed to be. Right. ;) I passed. When we met, she was min+2 so I guess that's why it worked.

The more important rule, to me, is that I want to be closer in age to her than her parents. :eek: Passed that test by 5 years too.

Crap. I think I've given the mathematicians enough info to know how old I am. :rofl:

quote-i-wouldn-t-be-caught-dead-marrying-a-woman-old-enough-to-be-my-wife-tony-curtis-6-94-66.jpg

I’m about 9 years older than my fiancee, and one day she made some crack about my age, so I respond with “Dammit, you’re out of the band, Ringo!”

Her: “Who is Ringo? Is he one of the Jonas Brothers?”

Me: “F****************k!”
Heh heh...

The late columnist and humorist Herb Caen was in the Stanford student center cafeteria with a group of incoming freshmen during rush week about ten years ago, and one of the kids asked the group, "Did you guys know Paul McCartney was with another band before he joined Wings?"

One of the group said, "No kidding? What band was that?"

When we were married, I was 44 and my wife was 26. 44/2 +7 = 29 so I guess she was 3 years too young. Now I’m 60 which means she should be 37 but she is 42. So I guess she’s 5 years too old. Damn it!! But hey, she’s still 18 years younger than me which is still fine by me. And she looks younger than her age. So screw the silly equation.

Heh heh...

The late columnist and humorist Herb Caen was in the Stanford student center cafeteria with a group of incoming freshmen during rush week about ten years ago, and one of the kids asked the group, "Did you guys know Paul McCartney was with another band before he joined Wings?"

Yeah and I bet they couldn’t name more than one band Clapton was in if any. But then again, I’d have the same problem with musicians from the 1930s and 40s.

Heh heh...

Smak that kid!

Crash was at my home drome. Actually the park just to the north. Folks say he was lined up on final for 10 and kicked left.

I don't hear much on the news about these guys falling out of the sky because they don't have a certain paper in their wallet. Don't get me wrong, I stay legal, but I do have a certain admiration for the renegades. As long as they do it solo. There is no excuse for taking someone with you.

I'd think a lot has to do with next of kin. If you have folks who are relying on your estate, well, its good to be legal to reduce the chances of people going after your heir's money. If you have no one to provide for should you go out in a ball of fire, then....

This thread did not go how I expected...

That's the twist part...

Just spoke to someone again here and he said that he spoke to eyewitnesses that saw a VMC roll to the left.

Back