Float Jet?

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
13781980376airsub.jpg

Kids will do anything nowadays to keep their turbine temps low

$1mil unreimbursed engine inspection ? That was easy !

Would make a great ad photo for the HondaJet

Oh snap that was such a drunken post, mods, edit for me

Must be the new water cooled version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you meant this one: :D

This one always amuses me.

What was the guy thinking..???? Well, I'll just taxi over to parking and let it dry out..... Or...... maybe they won't fire me if I can get it out of the water......

This one always amuses me.

What was the guy thinking..???? Well, I'll just taxi over to parking and let it dry out..... Or...... maybe they won't fire me if I can get it out of the water......
I'm pretty sure the plane was empty and the engine auto-started on its own.

Guess it powered up on its own too? Sure sounded like someone was pouring the coals to it.

Guess it powered up on its own too? Sure sounded like someone was pouring the coals to it.
I think there was a short circuit of somekind and/or the pilot didnt kill everything in the cockpit appropriately. I'm VERY certain that aircraft was empty when that happened.

Possible of course. Is there anything out on the incident, or was this outside the US? Couldn't make out whether the accents were Americans or not. Sounded like POAers though. ;)

Possible of course. Is there anything out on the incident, or was this outside the US? Couldn't make out whether the accents were Americans or not.
IIRC this happened at ACY? or somewhere in that area. Don't remember what is making me say that though. I think there was a discussion on it somewhere on PoA.

IIRC this happened at ACY? or somewhere in that area. Don't remember what is making me say that though. I think there was a discussion on it somewhere on PoA.

My family from that area. ACY is inland and doesn't have a lake or water off the end. Maybe it was the old Bader Field in Atlantic City that is closed. That airport surrounded by water.

My family from that area. ACY is inland and doesn't have a lake or water off the end. Maybe it was the old Bader Field in Atlantic City that is closed. That airport surrounded by water.
Yes, if y'all are talking about the Citation floatation, this was at the old Bader Field and the jet was in the ICW.
They even list this incident on the Wiki page. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bader_Field

Yes, if y'all are talking about the Citation floatation, this was at the old Bader Field and the jet was in the ICW.
They even list this incident on the Wiki page. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bader_Field

Look at the runway lengths. Just under 3000' and the pilot tried it with a tail wind. Crazy.

Oh it gets better. Had a airport diagram on the yoke that Bader closed to jets!

Back