Flight training halted?

The flight school will be responsible for providing ventilators for people in the cockpit.

Would make more sense if it was dated tomorrow instead of this month...

P.S. The entire site is satire. The Onion of Aviation, so to speak... Good to see y'all caught on pretty quick. :)

I'm surprised there's not an option to infect CFIs who want to continue training their COVID-19 students.

Fake news on this site,just can’t believe it.

Good satire. But I do believe these sites are being irresponsible by burying the statement in their About section.

About
This site was founded by veteran pilots who saw two major trends on a collision course. On one hand, the founders saw that what we called “websites” were in fact becoming online applications: locations that were complex, distributed, and broad in scope of functionality. On the other hand, they saw that advancing mobile technology was leading end users to access these applications on new and different devices in addition to, and even in place of, their PCs.

Today, online businesses struggle to provide optimal digital experiences that make people laugh thanks to the continuing rise in complexity of apps and the requirement to deliver them to smaller and slower devices. As a result, end users’ expectations for online experiences now far outstrip the reality of what is delivered to them. This site publishes satire; if you don’t have a sense of humor that is unfortunate. We call this discrepancy the “experience of fact checking gap.”

I fail to see how spreading disinformation is "satire." Some of the articles on the site are even more objectionable.

I fail to see how spreading disinformation is "satire." Some of the articles on the site are even more objectionable.

Do you also hate MAD magazine and Saturday Night Live (when they were actually funny)?

o_O

it’s satire if people read the entire article, not just the headline.

it’s satire if people read the entire article, not just the headline.

It is not disinformation. It’s SATIRE.

To be fair, satire requires the audience to have a minimal level of critical thinking skills. If one takes everything they read/hear/see at face value, one will never understand satire and likely live a miserable life.

As someone who likes satire I think this is good. if anybody believes the FAA is going to create an app where you can swipe left and right trying to find an instructor who's infected with the coronavirus...

As someone who likes satire I think this is good. if anybody believes the FAA is going to create an app where you can swipe left and right trying to find an instructor who's infected with the coronavirus...

I was kinda bummed that there really was no such thing as the Zoom Climb app... :oops:

To appreciate satire, one needs:
1. Material that is at least attempting to be entertaining.
2. A reasonable expectation that the material is satire.

Hiding a bunch of outrageous stories behind an obscure "this is satire" footnote isn't satire.

And as noted satirist Tom Lehrer said, satire died the day Henry Kissenger won the Nobel Peace Prize.

I was kinda bummed that there really was no such thing as the Zoom Climb app... :oops:

Hilarious! :D

"When pressed for other options, the FAA said, “We are looking into Zoom training where an instructor could train from the safety of their home via cell phone or iPad. The app we are developing is called “Zoom Climb” but so far only RV pilots have expressed any interest in downloading it.”

Hilarious! :D

"When pressed for other options, the FAA said, “We are looking into Zoom training where an instructor could train from the safety of their home via cell phone or iPad. The app we are developing is called “Zoom Climb” but so far only RV pilots have expressed any interest in downloading it.”
This post reminds me Ed's "mic drop" response to the tiff he and Jay had years ago about zoom climbs and Vy

Well, in the Netherlands we have this NOTAM active... Belgium completely banned all VFR traffic except police, medical and army. So who knows what may come...

A0677/20 - COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES COVID-19 BY LOCAL
AUTHORITIES BASED ON DIRECTIVES MINISTRIES OF HEALTH AND JUSTICE,
GENERAL AVIATION FLIGHTS INCLUDING AERIAL WORK WITH POB, OTHER THAN
HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS, DISTANCE LESS THAN 1,5M ARE PROHIBITED.
POLICE, HEMS AND SAR FLIGHTS ARE EXEMPTED. 01 APR 16:13 2020 UNTIL 28 APR 12:00
2020 ESTIMATED. CREATED: 01 APR 16:14 2020

The Dutch Notam seems more practical than a blanket ban of all VFR flights. I’m surprised to hear/read the chatter from fellow pilots badmouthing anyone that flies right now; even solo. Maybe they are jealous? But there was a time that people believed you could get AIDS from shaking ones hand...

The Dutch Notam seems more practical than a blanket ban of all VFR flights. I’m surprised to hear/read the chatter from fellow pilots badmouthing anyone that flies right now; even solo. Maybe they are jealous? But there was a time that people believed you could get AIDS from shaking ones hand...

Ha! You should see the crap dudes are catching on motorcycle listserves for daring to be so uncaring as to be riding their bikes right now... Because CHILDREN and HOSPITAL BEDS!!!

:rolleyes:

Back