Flight School tips, especially if located in the Atlanta area

John Silas

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
johnsilasjr
Should I go to an actual school or just find a CFI and rent a plane to get my ppl?

If you're located around Atlanta and have went to flight school at either aero atlanta, skybound aviation, all 2 fly aviation academy, or american air flight training then please let me know how your experience went. Thanks.

Personally, I'd visit each one and evaluate where you feel most comfortable. Look at the airplanes, how well they are kept. Speak to a couple of instructors and try to ferret out if they are in it for the minute or if they are really interested in instructing. Try and engage a few current students to see if they are satisfied with their experience.

Personally, I'd visit each one and evaluate where you feel most comfortable. Look at the airplanes, how well they are kept. Speak to a couple of instructors and try to ferret out if they are in it for the minute or if they are really interested in instructing. Try and engage a few current students to see if they are satisfied with their experience.

Thanks

Did all of my training and renting, pre-ownership, at Skybound. Flying out of PDK is good experience and they have one of the larger fleets with some variety, which is nice. I personally liked doing 61 vs 141, but that’s personal preference.

Stay away from All2Fly...far, far, far away.

Feel free to DM me if you want more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back