Flight Review - what date?

You must have copied the wrong link or something. What is your point?

To renew Basic Med you need to retake the Basic Med course every two years. I just got my first Basic Med exam and on line quiz this year. Two years from that I take quiz again. Another 2 years I redo exam and course. Due date is end of the month.

I have a calendar reminder to do those things. And that is bad because ?????

You must have copied the wrong link or something. What is your point?

To renew Basic Med you need to retake the Basic Med course every two years. I just got my first Basic Med exam and on line quiz this year. Two years from that I take quiz again. Another 2 years I redo exam and course. Due date is end of the month.

I have a calendar reminder to do those things. And that is bad because ?????

It's not "every two years" - and failure to understand that concept explains your confusion regarding the flight review.

14 CFR 61.23(c)(3)(i)(C) Complete the medical education course set forth in § 68.3 of this chapter during the 24-calendar months before acting as pilot in command in an operation conducted under § 61.113(i) and retain a certification of course completion in accordance with § 68.3(b)(1) of this chapter;

Yes, you are correct. If you find a CFI that wants to be PIC you can get it the next month (February) on the 1st and keep skipping / doing that every 2 years. I've known a few pilots that were doing that to save money, save one ride in a most people's life time? Maybe?

Save on ride every 12 years
Just to be clear - I didn't forget that a 24 month flight review was needed. I was double checking on what date I would be "out of compliance". So you think I'm an unsafe pilot because I asked that question? OK - to each there own. I think its absurd to comment on the quality of flying, likelihood of something bad happening, not based on any incidences, not based on all the instrument training I've been doing, not based on the hours I've flown - but based on asking essentially if it was the day or end of month?

You think that is a predictor of safe flying? So I would be a safer pilot today if I hadn't asked that question but also hadn't flown any hours in 2 years ago?

No hate given, but we part company on this. Peace

You have a wrong conclusion - yes, I do know when the annual, IFR certifications, medical, etc expires. As a matter of fact, I just reviewed the log books, medical, etc. to confirm to prep for instrument check ride. I get it - some people are deep into the FAR AIM that they start to replace regulations for reality - the more regulations I've memorized, the less I have to concern my self with actually knowing how to fly well.

I keep coming back to your opinion that I'm an unsafe pilot because of my question? Absurd. Peace

Read through the previous posts. No one has said you are an unsafe pilot, but you do need a flight review (recurrent training) because you have demonstrated you aren’t crisp on regulations you should easily know.
Good luck to you.

It's not "every two years" - and failure to understand that concept explains your confusion regarding the flight review.
Yeah. It's not even "every" 24-calendar months. Most (all?) of the FAA's currency requirements for pilots and aircraft are lookbacks. Something must be complied with within a certain time period before engaging in some operation.

And yeah, the common lack of precision in our (not the FAA's) language often reflects misunderstanding of the underlying concept. But not always.

And we are just talking about pilots' abilities to understand calendar time. You guys should see how IA renewal periods and requirements screw up some mechanics.

There is nothing useful in your pontification on how I'm an unsafe pilot because you think this question is beneath you. That was over the top and unwarranted.
No idea who you are talking to in this thread.

Did you know there is an ignore feature on the board software. It works.

Seems I am, once again, having a past decision verified as a being a good decision.

Back