Flew into IAD tonight

jordane93

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jordan
Owner of the plane decided we should go to IAD intstead of FME as it was closer to his hotel. We started getting vectors for the visual approach 19L near Baltimore and was asked for best forward speed. I told Potamac I could give them 170 and they were pleased with it. We landed and made a right turn and taxied all the way to Signature with tower. Signature was packed and there were at least 20 jets on the ramp. The GA terminal was amazing and rveryone was friendly. Pretty hefty bill after we got fuel but at least we got coffee and popcorn! Taxiing out was straight forward as well. I picked up the clearance and we taxied to 30 through the terminal ramp. Lots of taxi and hold short and change to frequency XXXXX. But the taxi instructions were pretty easy. Taxiing took about 30 minutes and I was able to do my run up holding short of a taxiway. Don't be intimidated by Class B airports!

I've been in there a couple times. I have also had the long taxi times there. You get to talk to like 5 different people on the ground from one side to the other. :) There is also a museum there I would like to visit sometime.

I've been there twice, Atlantic only charges $45 for all fees overnight and provides excellent shuttle service.

Nobody should be afraid of a Class B field. You just have to be on top of things and understand that its organized chaos.

I was based in Dullas for a few years. The Smithsonian (south side of field) is must see for pilot folk.

I always thought Dulles was a user friendly airport. Been to Signature, Landmark, and airline side. All great.

I was based at IAD for many years and still go in there when it is convenient to do so.

Back