FL270 in the Sling Tsi

Panels are built around the control set up anyway. Ingress and egress are much easier without center sticks and resting on a thigh isn't necessarily a benefit.

Then you aren’t doing it right. Seriously sticks are a non-issue unless you insist on using a massive knee board or something. If you just don’t like them, so be it but don’t expect many pilots or the manufacturers to rally to your cause.

Then you aren’t doing it right. Seriously sticks are a non-issue unless you insist on using a massive knee board or something. If you just don’t like them, so be it but don’t expect many pilots or the manufacturers to rally to your cause.
Yeah. I have way more issues with a knee board in a yoke aircraft at full deflection than a stick, and I fly both regularly. If I could change one thing about my 170, it would be that.

Can someone please tell Van's, Diamond and Sling to stop with the stupid between the legs stick?
If it makes you feel better, I might go without the wheel pants on my plane. I've always thought naked wheels are sexier. Then again I'm not sure I want to lose the extra speed I'll have with the pants on.

Someone mentioned it earlier. I concur.
I can fly a "standard" stick (or yoke) with either hand, no problem. Fly lefty and jot notes on my navlog with my right hand. Life is good.
Center stick, I can't write with my left hand to save my life. Life is not good.

I also have an unhealthy dislike for planes that don't have toe or heel brakes.Center console brakes drive me up the wall.
But that's a discussion for another thread.

Someone mentioned it earlier. I concur.
I can fly a "standard" stick (or yoke) with either hand, no problem. Fly lefty and jot notes on my navlog with my right hand. Life is good.
Center stick, I can't write with my left hand to save my life. Life is not good.

I also have an unhealthy dislike for planes that don't have toe or heel brakes.Center console brakes drive me up the wall.
But that's a discussion for another thread.
And here I thought that ol' Shep will fly anything... :p

I hope to fly an airplane with a stick before old age and decrepitude overcome me.

And they add weight.
Most things do. Is the weight they add significant? Giving up 8lbs of useful load is probably a compromise most would be willing to make if having toe brakes is important to them. Giving up 80lbs for them, not so much. So the important point is not knowing that they add weight but knowing how much weight they add.

If it makes you feel better, I might go without the wheel pants on my plane. I've always thought naked wheels are sexier. Then again I'm not sure I want to lose the extra speed I'll have with the pants on.

Wheel pants rule!

Back