5. Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart

NFL
MLB
TBBT (bazinga)
Top Gear (UK version)

How could I forget Top Gear?

Last edited:
Justified
Boardwalk Empire (not really caught up on this one anymore)

Can't say i'm in to anything else. Except NFL and NHL

What's TV?

You'll notice everything I listed is either on NetFlix or Hulu. I'm a cable cutter but didn't want to focus the thread on that. Just curious what folks are watching out there...

Mythbusters
Modern Marvels
NFL
Occasionally NHL
Ask This Old House
NCIS (but only on DVD) (I tend to buy series on DVD rather than watch the idiotic commercials and even more moronic network logo).

Last edited:
I couldn't even tell you what TV shows are on these days. I catch snippets of some police show, some NCIS thing and some witch show in the mornings at the gym with no sound sometimes but that's about it.

The Big Bang Theory
Elementary
Person of Interest
Pawn Stars
Restaurant Impossible

Those are about the only shows I try to catch each week.

The Big Bang Theory
Elementary
Person of Interest
Pawn Stars
Restaurant Impossible

Those are about the only shows I try to catch each week.

Restaurant Impossible, is that a Gordon Ramsey thing?

TBBT
The Americans (on FX) - great show
NHL Center Ice/NHL Network/etc.
NFL
Modern Family (Just started watching it)

I gave up on Mad Men. It was moving too slowly.

1. History Channel, almost everything.
2. Psych.
3. Southland.
4. The Americans.
5. TBBT/How I Met Your Mother.

I have to admit that I do love old South Park reruns...caught Last of the MeHeecans just yesterday. And House was, by far, the best show ever across the airwaves.

With all the bad tv shows I always wonder why more books aren't put onto film. Anyone who is also a Harlan Coben fan would also love to see the Win/Myron cast of characters in a series. Ditto for John Sandford and his Davenport/Flowers characters.

Last edited:
Sunday Morning on CBS
60 Minutes
Downton Abbey
The Good Wife
The Mentalist

All are on Sunday. All but one are on CBS.

PS. Haven't seen you lately on POA, Captain. Welcome back.

Sunday Morning on CBS
60 Minutes
Downton Abbey
The Good Wife
The Mentalist

60 Minutes...dang, not sure how I forgot that one. If I have to limit it to five I'd bump the sitcoms and replace them w/ 60 Minutes.

I'm just glad no one's listed any reality shows or Kardashian trash.

Sunday Morning on CBS
60 Minutes
Downton Abbey
The Good Wife
The Mentalist

Thanks

Cable cutter here too. But on Netflix:

The West Wing
House of Cards
Mad Men

Note all are on hiatus (one permanently and two so far as Netflix is concerned.) Really not watching any series at the moment regularly so I visit the PBS app and watch whatever is interesting. Been finding some older British stuff. If you're a Helen Mirren fan you might like Prime Suspect which is a police serial broadcast over seven seasons on ITV. Other than that...movies. And Yo Gabba Gabba ;)

I'll probably get into Downton Abbey one of these days.

The local news.
Antiques Roadshow.
Haven.
Warehouse 13.
Mythbusters.

Glad it was limited to 5, since that is the entire list of shows I currently watch. Lucky for me there are no new episodes currently showing for 3 of the 5 shows.

Archer
Top Gear Uk
South Park

... can't think of much else currently in production. There are a few others I'll have on if I've got nothing to better to do but I have a hard time funding shows I'm really that interested in these days. Used to watch Mythbusters but it seems like every time I turn it on its a rerun...same with a lot of stuff. Guess that's the curse of the DVR... pretty quickly you've seen every episode if a show you like and get burnt out on it.

Gold Rush
Walking Dead
Pawn Stars
Revolution
Vikings
Pretty much everything on the History Channel.

Been watching "The Bible" miniseries.

Edit: Also Top Gear UK and Ice Pilots when I can catch new episodes.

Looking at this list, I think I might watch too much TV.

Last edited:
Breaking Bad
The Americans
Mad Men
Community (though my enthusiasm for this one is fading fast)
"Mike and Mike" (ESPN Radio simulcast)

Justified
Pawn Stars
Antiques Roadshow (US & UK)
Elementary
NHL

Random other selections

This isn't really TV and maybe I should have started its own thread, but lately it's been eating up a BUNCH of my viewing time.

Have you guys ever heard of TED Talks? I recently found them. It stands for Technology Entertainment and Design. They get people who are outstanding in their field to give short 17 minute talks about whatever they specialize in. I've watched dozens of them in the past few weeks.

Here's one of the first I watched. It's great and there are many many more just as good if not better.

TED Talk Sugarta Mitra

If you have been watching these too do you have any favorites? (now I'm thinking I should have started a new thread,,,)

Justified
Breaking bad
Sons of anarchy
Pawn stars (I am actually on one episode, filmed with them while in Vegas for cfi school)
Gold rush
Bearing sea gold
Gold fever
Weeds
TBBT as one person put it.

I know it's more than 5 but oh well. And all the gold shows, there's a hint in my name.

Roku is an excellent device for these - you can even signup for AOPA Live on the Roku (login to your Roku account online to do it, you cna't find it if you go to your Roku remote control.).

If you don't have Roku yet, it's a wifi box that lets you stream Wifi, some free channels or you can link your NetFlix account to it, or show Amazon downloadable movies on your HDMI bigscreen TV etc etc. Greatest $100 ever spent! Good enough you can drop your TV cable, which I'm seriously considering!

~Brendan

Roku is an excellent device for these - you can even signup for AOPA Live on the Roku (login to your Roku account online to do it, you cna't find it if you go to your Roku remote control.).

If you don't have Roku yet, it's a wifi box that lets you stream Wifi, some free channels or you can link your NetFlix account to it, or show Amazon downloadable movies on your HDMI bigscreen TV etc etc. Greatest $100 ever spent! Good enough you can drop your TV cable, which I'm seriously considering!

~Brendan

How is Roku different / better than Apple TV? Would a person with ATV benefit from adding Roku?

Breaking Bad
House of Cards
How I Met Your Mother
The Aviator
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

How is Roku different / better than Apple TV? Would a person with ATV benefit from adding Roku?

From a platform - neutral standpoint they are about the same. For a iOS person like me the Apple TV has a few pluses. You can stream video content to your tv straight from your iWhatever device. On the other hand with the Roku and the Roku app on your iPhone or iPad you can stream some things but not video. Apple TV connects directly to iTunes Store for movie purchases or rentals.

I believe the Roku has some exclusive content with video games.

Dick Van Dyke Show
Perry Mason
Columbo
Twilight Zone
Leave it to Beaver

Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Justified
Top Gear UK version
No spin zone
Fox Business Channel (all day, I'm retired)
Dexter

-Top Gear UK
-The Walking Dead
-Baseball

Nothing much else that's on now, but keep reading about The Aviators on here, planning on checking out that out sometime.

Psych
Shameless
The Following
The Walking Dead
Person Of Interest

We watch a lot of TV in my house. We both work a lot of hours, so when we're finally home for the night, we just want to relax. We generally end up watching an hour or so of TV a night, so our DVR fills up quick, and we have these weekend marathons once in a while. The shows I listed are just the ones that are currently running. There are plenty of other shows we watch, too, both new and old (we're currently watching Buffy, which neither of us saw when it ran, it's my current favorite show).

Back