first rotary wing lesson

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
On a lark, I picked up an hour of dual in an r22. S&L flight, climbs, descents, turns, climbing and descending turns, hover practice, pedal turns. The instructor also demonstrated an autorotation. What a hoot!

And that was........how much an hour?

Tried it years ago,was a lot of work.too much going on at once.guess I can't walk and chew gum.

I did the same thing as you. Actually it was while I was getting a transponder/static system check done, I walked across the field and got an intro helicopter lesson.

Went on to add "Rotorcraft-Helicopter" to my Commercial pilot cert!

It was by far the most expensive transponder/static system check I've ever had. But so much fun.

I did the same thing as you. Actually it was while I was getting a transponder/static system check done, I walked across the field and got an intro helicopter lesson.

Went on to add "Rotorcraft-Helicopter" to my Commercial pilot cert!

It was by far the most expensive transponder/static system check I've ever had. But so much fun.

I feel your pain. I've bought two cars while waiting for "free" oil changes at the dealer. :nonod:

I was just thinking about flying a helicopter.

When hovering, you are using both hands and both feet and your right hand (collective) is doing two things at once (throttle and main rotor pitch)

So, you are doing five things at once.

I NEED TO DO THIS!!

When hovering, you are using both hands and both feet and your right hand (collective) is doing two things at once (throttle and main rotor pitch)

I NEED TO DO THIS!!

Collective is in the left hand, cyclic is in the right hand.

I NEED TO DO THIS!!

Depends on the helicopter. Most of your newer helicopters have a governor on the engine so when you increase collective (left hand) there's no need to add throttle. You will do plenty of manual throttle stuff for emergency training though.

Back