First Passenger...

thanks - yeah, i never do that...not sure why I was doing that last night. :)

I do that if it is turbulent and sometimes to stretch my back a bit.

My son was my first passenger and has been a regular ever since. Congratulations.

My wife and son were my first passengers. My son writes about flying trips in his school essays (including my F-ups).

My daughter and my wife were my first passengers. On the first short flight they were both somewhat excited. On flight #2, to an airport about 45 minutes away, my daughter fell asleep and my wife started reading a book. We may as well have been in the minivan. :rofl: I guess my flying is really boring. Oh well, I'm still excited just looking out the window and checking out the scenery on cross countries.

My wife and son were my first passengers. My son writes about flying trips in his school essays (including my F-ups).

Congratulations. That is a milestone to remember. Now, just remember, don't scare your wife and she'll keep flying with you. I've caught mine doing a real good imitation of sleeping in the right seat on cross state flights, although she denies she was asleep. You know she's not scared when that happens. :D

haha - we're taking a little getaway trip this weekend if the weather holds up on saturday. I greased the landing coming back with my son. You know it's a good one when they ask, "Have we landed yet?" :)

My daughter and my wife were my first passengers. On the first short flight they were both somewhat excited. On flight #2, to an airport about 45 minutes away, my daughter fell asleep and my wife started reading a book. We may as well have been in the minivan. :rofl: I guess my flying is really boring. Oh well, I'm still excited just looking out the window and checking out the scenery on cross countries.

That just means your Kung Fu is Smooooooovvvvveeeee!!!!!!!!!:D

I took a couple of the grandkids (not quite 2, and not quite 3) flying a few weeks ago. It was their first time in an airplane of any kind and my first time with pax in the back seat. On the way back to the airport the older one fell asleep, and didn't wake up until we were parked and shut down and we unbuckled him. He was crushed that he missed the landing! So I had to promise another ride. :)

My first passenger was my mom. She was :hairraise: from takeoff to touchdown. It's funny now. I cannot convince my wife to get in an aircraft with me.

Congratulations. That is a milestone to remember. Now, just remember, don't scare your wife and she'll keep flying with you. I've caught mine doing a real good imitation of sleeping in the right seat on cross state flights, although she denies she was asleep. You know she's not scared when that happens. :D

I really don't like it when the pax fall asleep, especially for the real interesting stuff at high altitude. It looks too much like hypoxia.

My son has a real bad habit of not drinking anything in the airplane, which makes that a real risk.

My first passenger was my mom. She was :hairraise: from takeoff to touchdown. It's funny now. I cannot convince my wife to get in an aircraft with me.

Just show her the video of your namesake's takeoff....not.

Lucky, indeed. He should have been a 600 gal fireball.

I really don't like it when the pax fall asleep, especially for the real interesting stuff at high altitude. It looks too much like hypoxia.

My son has a real bad habit of not drinking anything in the airplane, which makes that a real risk.

Good point about the hypoxia. However, if I reach over and bump her shoulder she is instantly awake, denying she was ever asleep. And promptly puts her finger on the sectional where we are (not just where she thinks we are, where we are).

Typically we aren't ever above 11,000 MSL, and that's just because the MEA on V206 between OLM and YKM is 10,000 MSL (and I've proved while flying VFR that if you are so much as 500 feet below the MEA you will not have VOR coverage over the whole route).

Nothing more rewarding than taking someone up for a flight, congrats!

My son was my first passenger and has been a regular ever since. Congratulations.

Took my oldest son up with me tonight - first flight since getting my PPL. He's a natural...absolutely loved it.

My son was my first passenger as well (he was 10 years old). He had a blast. Let him fly and told him to do some turns ... he cranked the yolk all the way over to a FULL 2* :lol: ... had to tell him that it was going to take forever to turn around at that rate ... couldn't get him past 5*.

He's now a senior in high school and we do many father-son trips each year (real XC). For the past several years he declines the flight unless it's a "trip with a purpose" ... or in short, he doesn't want to do a short XC just for a TNG. We fly to Phoenix for NHL hockey games now ... takes about 2 hours or family trips to California. When he is on board I don't use the auto-pilot much. He has flown so much that headings/altitudes are no problem (keeps them dead on). He's flown in the pattern, but not landed. The "bug" hasn't bitten him for flying or driving as I am having trouble getting him to complete his drivers license. I have two CFI buddies that have offered to train him without charging:mad2: ... wish I had that offer when I was his age.

I tried golf and it didn't do anything for me. Decided to learn how to fly mainly because of what is soon approaching. If he doesn't choose a college too far away, I can hopefully visit often or bring him home during the breaks. I dread next year as he is an only child:sad:

To the OP ... fly with him as much as you can ... time slips by quickly before you know it.

I think it's genetic. I like anything that involves forward motion. Hiking, running, mountain biking, skiing, snow boarding, motorcycling, driving, sailing, power boating, and this year I've added flying. I never was interested much in commercial flying except takeoffs and landings where I could see details on the ground. I think it's watching the scenery go by that gets me pumped up. I'm going somewhere. Who cares where? At a walking pace, or 100mph, it's all good.

The "bug" hasn't bitten him for flying or driving

Back