Finding a rigger

nauga

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Mantis Toboggan, MD
My usual sources are failing me. Can anyone put me in direct contact with a parachute rigger w/seat-pack certs and near-term availability? Prefer central US but I'm open to further travel if needed. Bonus points for cool GA destinations but not absolutely necessary.

Nauga,
and the opening shock

My usual sources are failing me. Can anyone put me in direct contact with a parachute rigger w/seat-pack certs and near-term availability? Prefer central US but I'm open to further travel if needed. Bonus points for cool GA destinations but not absolutely necessary.

Nauga,
and the opening shock
Try John Storrie, in Denton, Tx. John used to do our commercial and military chutes. Haven't seen or talked to him in a number of years, but I think he still has the chute side of his business still going. Try 940-484-2222. If he can't help, he should be able to put you in contact with someone that can.

BTW if you talk to him, tell him Craig from Fox51 said hi....

Are there no skydiving outfits near you? I use one in Kentucky. Great folks.

The Seat rating is not a skydiving thing. Worth a call though.

Thanks for the leads, folks.

Are there no skydiving outfits near you? I use one in Kentucky. Great folks.

Does the rigger have a seat pack rating? If do can you PM contact info? There are several ops here but they are understandably focused on back ratings.

Nauga,
who carries his weight down low

Thanks for the leads, folks.

Does the rigger have a seat pack rating? If do can you PM contact info? There are several ops here but they are understandably focused on back ratings.

Nauga,
who carries his weight down low
Skydive Kentucky definitely does seatpacks (he does mine and several other guys here locally). +1 (270) 723-3587

Skydive Kentucky definitely does seatpacks (he does mine and several other guys here locally).
I talked to them today, they're top of my list. Thanks for the tip.

Nauga,
crowdsourced

For more answers, consider changing the topic to be more specific. I read it as needed an airplane rigged to fly straight.

If Trevor Daniel Jacob isn't in the big house he might give you a lead ...:idea:

I know of one in Chicago - KUGN if needed DM me.

Most Parachute riggers T DZ’s have seat and back. I also have the chest rating but I started in ‘73 and student rigs all had chest reserves. I quit packing five years ago dang artheritis.

Back