Finally took the written

Aircooled

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Air cooled
My studying peaked in July, and then every week something came up to not take it. I lost my edge until a few weeks back when I finished my solo rqmts. My CFI started mumbling about check ride prep, so I got my behind in gear and got it done. My wife was even harassing me.

I got a 93, so I was happy with that. The FAA seems to have a fetish for hard to read sectionals. I had prepped with questions around the Savanah VOR, and there was a question. I spent 10 min looking for 1 of the 3 towns around it and never found it. My answer ended up being correct. But I went home and looked it up on fore flight. The town was there. I downloaded the FAA supplement and sure enough, it was not on the test materials. Nice

Many thanks to those of you posting check ride reviews. I feel like I really need to still hit the books harder

Sorry you feel you got a difficult version of the test, and leaving a town off the map is just sloppy government grade work. With the random generated tests you get a wide range. Biggest thing is YOU PASSED!!!! Onward to the check ride!!!

I had a similar issue. I finished the online course and got my sing off in May, I took the test 3 days ago. Life has a habit of getting in the way. I was one of the lucky ones, and got what I felt was an easy mix of questions. Heck, I did not even get a wind correction problem, a cross wind problem, or one of those combined landing performance graphs. I thought a wind correction problem was practically mandatory.

Congrats you passed,when you pass the check ride,no matter what your score was you will be called pilot.

Sorry you feel you got a difficult version of the test, and leaving a town off the map is just sloppy government grade work. With the random generated tests you get a wide range. Biggest thing is YOU PASSED!!!! Onward to the check ride!!!

I had a similar issue. I finished the online course and got my sing off in May, I took the test 3 days ago. Life has a habit of getting in the way. I was one of the lucky ones, and got what I felt was an easy mix of questions. Heck, I did not even get a wind correction problem, a cross wind problem, or one of those combined landing performance graphs. I thought a wind correction problem was practically mandatory.

I didn't get a wind problem either. I felt sort of cheated - LOL

I also had a rough time with the test on sectionals. They warned me the sectional wasn't to scale with a standard plotter and it totally wasn't. Screwed up one of my answers! Congrats on passing the written - now on to the serious studying where you apply all that memorization into real life!

Back