Finally! My wife has seen the light!!

Great! Now see how he does holding altitude, hand flying with that side yoke thing next time.
Might as well get 'im started early. :D

If I put him in a Diamond(stick in a seat), he can probably master the aileron roll rather quickly.:D

Hijack on, Jim, hijack on!!!

Just for a second.... We got married in the 172 over one of the local lakes. Preacher and my step-son (as a witness) in the back seat.

I’ve taught her about fly-in bfasts, flying the low-level Hudson corridor, the Fiske approach, and Oshkosh...and have learned a lot about ‘growed-up’ airplanes from her. Traded the 172 for a 182RG and been all over in it.

In a symbolic gesture (community property state), I titled the Citabria in her name for her birthday a few years back.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled post

Jim

How many of you guys have gotten a BFR from a girl on your fist date? I didn't think so!

Well, there was this one time when I was in Dallas.

Oh wait, you said BFR. Never mind.

I always looked at online dating as one step below picking up your date at a bar.

Our son met his wife on Eharmony.com. She read his profile and her friends said you've got to call him. They've been married for 4 years now and couldn't be happier. So, it can work.

Personally, I married my high school sweetheart. That must have worked, too, as we'll celebrate 46 years the end of July.

This is great! I can confidently say that the most rewarding aspect of flying for me is being able to take my wife and son on trips. I wish you this continued enjoyment as well.

After our success my wife’s sister gave it a shot...did well also. Ditto, a co-worker. The commonality seems to be spending enough time on-line to really get to know each other before the ‘hands-on stuff’ gets in the way.

Jim

Cool wife, kid, plane!

Speaking of the plane. It's not mine. I rent it. The rental place has 172s, a DA40, and this SR22. The SR is the first plane that she likes and it absolutely has nothing to do with the chute. It's all about speed and wing loading. Unfortunately, the owner of the SR may be moving soon and taking the plane with him. So I may have to go back to the DA40 for future trips. She seems to be ok with this idea as she mentioned it herself. And she's really not a fan of the Diamond's tendency to rock around and its huge canopy.

Met my wife online. 9 years and still going strong.!!!

I met my wife-who-doesn't-like-to-fly on an airplane, of all places. Both of us had recently graduated and moved away to find work. Ended up with adjacent seats on a B737 heading home to see our parents.

It'll be 30 years next month. I handed her my iPad with Foreflight. Told her I'd fly her anywhere she picked to go to celebrate. That didn't go over too well. :oops: I hope I don't get a call from a divorce lawyer. :eek:

Is there a separate thread about this? I may have missed it...
It's in hear somewhere, but to read more details, see Gary's blog over at http://gmflightlog.blogspot.com/.

Basically, engine out just after takeoff, brought it into a golf course and they got banged up. He has a new plane and is back in the saddle. Great guy, great blog!

Today my wife has given me a general ok in possibly building an RV10 sometime down the road. I’m a little shocked actually. This is probably pretty far off. May not happen at all(maybe that’s why it was so easy), but I really think she’s getting there.

Now I just need to find time, money, and space :)

Today my wife has given me a general ok in possibly building an RV10 sometime down the road. I’m a little shocked actually. This is probably pretty far off. May not happen at all(maybe that’s why it was so easy), but I really think she’s getting there.

Now I just need to find time, money, and space :)

Vans RV-10 Vs. Sling 4

4 weeks?

Rapid Builder-Assist Program for the RV-10. Build one in our shops in 4 weeks. Finished with high-end Sikkens paint and a completely custom leather interior, we will help you put yourself in one of the best planes available today without investing 3-5 years building, so you can enjoy those years flying. We can also do your engine and avionics installations, or you can do that yourself. You don’t need prior building experience, because we will teach you what you need to know to build and maintain your RV-10.

http://www.saintaviation.com/newrv.html

Back