Finally continuing my IFR!!!

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
After a 6 month unintended hiatus it looks like I'm finally going to be able to continue my IFR training. Long story short, I was ready for my IFR cross country and my CFII passed away. I've spent 6 months, talked to 5 different instructors at 4 different airports, and had 6 different lessons canceled because of weather, but it looks like I'm finally going to be able to move forward. I've finally found a CFII at my local airport willing to work with me to get finished up. I never thought it would be this difficult to find a local CFII. Everyone I've found up to this point is 50-80 miles away. I think we're going to set up a time tomorrow and see what the weather does. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!!!

Cross your fingers and wish me luck!!!
As you wish.

47439673-15044761596224358_origin.png

After a 6 month unintended hiatus it looks like I'm finally going to be able to continue my IFR training. Long story short, I was ready for my IFR cross country and my CFII passed away. I've spent 6 months, talked to 5 different instructors at 4 different airports, and had 6 different lessons canceled because of weather, but it looks like I'm finally going to be able to move forward. I've finally found a CFII at my local airport willing to work with me to get finished up. I never thought it would be this difficult to find a local CFII. Everyone I've found up to this point is 50-80 miles away. I think we're going to set up a time tomorrow and see what the weather does. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!!!

The point of IFR is to fly in bad weather..... Of course ice and fog no Bueno. Hope you get out. Most instructors seem very busy.

The point of IFR is to fly in bad weather..... Of course ice and fog no Bueno. Hope you get out. Most instructors seem very busy.
My biggest problem was icing but there were a couple of times when I was supposed to fly from my home airport to the CFI's airport and the weather was below minimums. My new CFI actually flies for a living so I'm hoping he's up for some actual.

Considering it just snowed where he’s at this past weekend, I have my doubts that the instructors were canceling because they were scared to fly in actual.

It has been a rough winter. Even without instructor setbacks it would have been a tough winter to try and get consistent lessons in.

Considering it just snowed where he’s at this past weekend, I have my doubts that the instructors were canceling because they were scared to fly in actual.

It has been a rough winter. Even without instructor setbacks it would have been a tough winter to try and get consistent lessons in.

I was lucky, I didn't miss a lesson until January. Then I missed a few for conditions below mins and one or two snowstorms. But I got to fly a couple times in ice (light rime, fiki), snow and one actual missed. ( At KORH, 1,000 rvr and like 150 vv), that was eye opening and fun and planned.

That’s awesome. Hopefully you can get it knocked out in no time !!

Back