Finally comfortable with 9.5gph...

Favorite fuel burn?

• <8gph and I'm in 7th heaven

• >9.5gph or go home

• I idle at 8gph...

• I idle at 8gph a side...

• If you have to ask...

Results are only viewable after voting.
What do you think they will say 50 to 100 years from now about the gas we burned and how much better they will have it?
Or they may say I wish I could fly GA like the good old days when you did not have to pay a fee to take off and another to land!!!

Do you guys run the 75/76 ROP or LOP?
Haha. I haven't flown for Delta in almost two years - I'm on military leave. That fuel flow I put is for the F-15 and it's DEFINITELY ROP! I honestly can't remember what the FF on takeoff was for the 75/76.

Haha. I haven't flown for Delta in almost two years - I'm on military leave. That fuel flow I put is for the F-15 and it's DEFINITELY ROP! I honestly can't remember what the FF on takeoff was for the 75/76.

Evil whatya think you burn in an unrestricted climb to F210? Used to love to watch those at Eglin, forget the term but usually a check for engine change.

edit: FCF?

Last edited:
A 757 will average roughly 8,000pph (~1200gph), a 767 roughly 10,000pph (~1500gph). We do everything in pounds and pounds-per-hour, not gallons.

I'm currently flying the 737 which runs in the low 5,000pph range (~750+gph). We use 6,000pph (~895gph) for quick mental calculations as we almost always under that (except at low altitudes). That's 100 pounds per minute so with fuel showing 8.3 (x100) we say that we had 83 minutes of fuel remaining.

This is why the stretch 737s (-800 and -900) are replacing the 757s on many routes. A 737-900 can hold about the same number of passengers but burns more than 2,000pph less fuel. Doesn't have the range nor hot/high/short field performance but most routes don't require it.

Evil whatya think you burn in an unrestricted climb to F210? Used to love to watch those at Eglin, forget the term but usually a check for engine change.

edit: FCF?
We do unrestricted climbs for many reasons - FCF is one of them. Round numbers estimation we probably burn 4,000# of fuel for taxi/takeoff/AB climb to 210. I'll just check next time I do one. :D

If I'm down low I usually pull the power way back as chances are i'm just out joyriding or not going far so the extra speed isn't worth it.

Bellow 6k I usually cruise at 170 kts on 8 gph.

<6k 240 kts 15 gph

10k is 237 kts on 13 gph

17,500 is 234 kts on 9.8 - 10 gph.

I haven't tried pulling it back at altitude to see how efficient I could make it as I am usually in go someplace mode.

Had no idea the Questair was that fast. Damn!

I'm usually doing low 140's on 8.5gph

Had no idea the Questair was that fast. Damn!

I'm usually doing low 140's on 8.5gph

Mine is probably one of the slower ones. My nose gear doors don't fit tight, the sliding canopy adds a little drag and my propeller only turns up to about 2425 instead of 2500.

Okay, this is too funny. I googled YGPHMV, thinking I was missing something. What it gave me back was this thread!

Back