Ferry Pilot Cost?

a.) did generally not feel capable of such a flight and / or b.) would not have felt safe to do it in a new to them airplane.

I don't understand that at all. Especially since there's no mountain flying to worry about, it's relatively populated the whole way, and there are PLENTY of airports to put down if the weather turns out not as forecast.

A long cross country is just a shorter out and back cross country that's "unfolded."

I don't understand that at all. Especially since there's no mountain flying to worry about, it's relatively populated the whole way, and there are PLENTY of airports to put down if the weather turns out not as forecast.

A long cross country is just a shorter out and back cross country that's "unfolded."

I completely agree with you, but there are many who wouldn't. There are a ton of pilots who have never left the 100nm radius of their home base and are scared about what's out there beyond that range. Not to pick on people, but I get hints of this on here all the time, namely when I see people posting threads asking about how to navigate a Class C or D airspace (which should have been covered in training IMO). I got my PPL with the intention to get my IR, CPL, CFI and ATP and whatever other acronyms you can put in there. Many just get a PPL just to fly around the pattern and go to their favorite on field restaurant.

[...] There are a ton of pilots who have never left the 100nm radius of their home base and are scared about what's out there beyond that range. [...]

Well, I kinda understand this, because I have to agree with those who criticize that the edge of the earth is not sufficiently documented. You are humming along in your 172, fat and happy, and all in a sudden...

huge.96.481837.JPG

:yikes: :hairraise: :D

I completely agree with you, but there are many who wouldn't. There are a ton of pilots who have never left the 100nm radius of their home base and are scared about what's out there beyond that range
There is nothing wrong with people that just stay in the local area. However for me it was totally different. I went out and explored. I had my PPL and could fly anywhere in the country

We all have our reasons for flying, and all that matters is that we're enjoying ourselves, be it in the pattern or crossing oceans.

How much does a young CFI, working for a flight school, get paid per hour? $15? $20?
Only $200 / day + expenses would be a great deal for him / her. A nice long cross country is also for most people more fun than patternwork with some student pilot.
:D

Cannot agree more.

is this just one long elaborate troll?

What makes you think it's a troll? I asked a valid question, about a common situation, and have continued with the conversation. Are you the one trolling?

Just don't stop in KBRL and expect a hotel on a weekend. I bring a tent for a reason! 8.9hours xc in a champ today, 4 more to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back