Ferry Pilot Concerns / Contract

The real shock is how many people will dump $30-90K on a plane, and ask you to deliver it safely for free, or talk you down. They value their time and money enough to save it for a plane, but not your time, and hopefully, skill.

Same subset who thinks any ramp fee is gouging

This discussion now reminds me of the South Park episode where the kids ask Chef what a prostitute is. After a nice song, he describes why. Translating to flying a plane "You don't pay the pilot to fly the plane, you pay them to leave after they're done."

This discussion now reminds me of the South Park episode where the kids ask Chef what a prostitute is. After a nice song, he describes why. Translating to flying a plane "You don't pay the pilot to fly the plane, you pay them to leave after they're done."

Can I use this statement as justification to do paid ferrying work on a private license? :popcorn:

I'm a chemist, and plenty of people practice my profession for free as well, for a time. Then they end up getting arrested, or their trailer blows up, so there isn't much long-term impact to the profession.

I disagree. Now to be fair, I have to assume you are a legitimate chemist and practice your profession honorably. These trailer trash mediocre melons are actually killing people, ruining lives, destroying marriages, and other general mayhem. Not to mention the people who turn to robbery, petty larceny, and other assorted criminal behaviors to support the habit that toofless cooked up.

I guess it's perspective, and after all, we each perceive our own version of reality. Theirs is mighty messed up.

You keep doing the honorable thing and the world will be a better place.

I'm a chemist, and plenty of people practice my profession for free as well, for a time. Then they end up getting arrested, or their trailer blows up, so there isn't much long-term impact to the profession.
Somebody should make a TV show about that. It sounds exciting.
images.png

I don’t know what business you are in, but you would be cool with someone opening up an office next door and providing the same services that you do for free?
Yep. I got bumped off a programming job 'cuz one of the boss' kids took a programming class. When the asked me to fix what he had done, it turns out I was too busy.

Back