Felt older today....

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
I saw a 1984ish Toyota pickup today that resembled a used truck I drove in 1990/91. It looked pretty good for its age even though it was gray primer. But it had Ohio historical plates on it. I could not help but feel older when I saw that since I am 47. You have to be old when something you drove as a teenager has historical value now. :(

At 47 YOU are starting to have historical value.

I saw a 1984ish Toyota pickup today that resembled a used truck I drove in 1990/91. It looked pretty good for its age even though it was gray primer. But it had Ohio historical plates on it. I could not help but feel older when I saw that since I am 47. You have to be old when something you drove as a teenager has historical value now. :(

47? Dang kid, get off my lawn! :D

Mid-80s Toyota pickups have been on a bit of a run in the classics/collectible market recently. Have you checked out the asking price of a Marty McFly Hilux 4x4 lately?

Get that RKC and live the dream.

Cars I drove as a kid are now antiques .

Picture of my first car with 1 hp...

Horse-and-buggy-ride.jpg

Horse-and-buggy-ride.jpg
I always felt bad for the folks who didn’t have a covered wagon. Here’s a photo of ours...dad in the front, sister and I in the back. We were likely headed to town for a loaf of bread and a glass of milk. Circa 1897.

FC4290F9-A924-48F7-8915-A5059D0A6E7F.jpeg

:)

I pictured you as a relatively older guy with a long, long white bear and white head. LOL Now I know I was right!

You probably fly an antique airplane to! Oh wait...., nevermind. Most of us do.

I pictured you as a relatively older guy with a long, long white bear and white head. LOL Now I know I was right!

You probably fly an antique airplane to! Oh wait...., nevermind. Most of us do.

I’m actually 54 (for a few more weeks) and clean shaven with greying temples. My plane is a 1979 172n so I guess that would be considered an antique.

You are older now.

You're welcome.

My 13 year old will ask me about “In the olden days when you were a kid dad.....?” I’m a whopping 39! But let me tell you when I explain to him things like no cell phones, beepers, using a map to get somewhere and then printing mapquest directions, cassets and cds, etc he looks at me like I was telling stories set in mid evil times! Lol

All a matter of perspective I guess...

My 9yo asked me about being excited when color tv came out . . . I’m 45.

Hold on a sec little lady.

Because I talked about watching the Wizard of Oz, and separately in school they told her it was [one of] the first color films, she assumed I had seen it in the theater. . . . In 1939.

Speaking of old, the oldies station happened to be playing a song from The Traveling Wilburys and the DJ mentioned that George Harrison was in another band before them. Anyone know anything about it?

I remember in the early 60s having only 3 tv stations. The Tv was an old black and white Zenith. Then cable Tv came out and we had 7 channels.!!!

Now I have approximately 500 channels. The wife and I only watch about 7 channels regularly. And what do we watch.??

Black and white shows that came out in the 50s and 60s......

47? You're a kid. Try 67!

Once you get that AARP card, it's over! LOL

Never got one. Looked at their web page and said, "Nope! Not going to give a dime to them. Ever."

You guys R funny ! I am 67, just started going to QB meetings, I am one of the younger ones there, I fly a 1951 C195 and my CFII is a retired captain from United...he is 80. You have a lot more time to go and fun flying to enjoy. I used to fly in the front seat of my dad’s Cub with the door latched open when I was 3 years old. Local TV was 2 stations , maybe 3 on a good day. All us kids played outside all day until supper time...No ipads or computers...we survived just fine.

I remember those old days, back in the late 1950s. I think there were about 3 VHF and 1 UHF TV station that we could get in Davis, CA. All based in Sacramento. We'd all run over to a friend's house (they had a TV) to watch something. It was a big deal when mom and dad bought a TV (B&W) for our house. I think it was the late 1960s before we got a color set.

Hell, in the 60’s we only had 3 VHF and 2 UHF out of Sacramento, can’t remember when we got a color TV..

Anyone remember "On TV?" My brother made a bootleg Oak Decoder. That rebel.

We never had one, had to go to my Aunt's house, because she paid for On TV.

Idaho tech was a bit behind the times I think it was 1978 before we got our B&W TV. Went to grandmas house to watch color TV. We had 3 TV Channels 2,4 and 7. I think it was 1986 or so before we got a private phone line, Party line up until then.

Brian

Bay Area Californians will remember Carol dottas’ perfect 44’s on channel 44.

Agree American champion may be happy to sell you the plans. After all they are often needed for proper repairs. But you might be shocked by the number of plans available and the cost.
I have ordered specific plans from another manufacturer before.

Brian

I think it was the late 1960s before we got a color set.

My parents got their first color Tv in 1983, only because the 1953 B&W Zenith quit working, or possibly because it was getting harder to find a place still selling the old vacuum tubes.

Party line phones were always fun. Is your refrigerator running..??

Party line phones were always fun. Is your refrigerator running..??

We had a party line for a number of years. Back in the 60s if you picked up the phone to make a call and heard this particular woman's voice you just hung up and waited an hour. Long winded and acted like it was her private line. I don't miss those days at all.

Back