FedEx leaving packages on the road now?

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
Tracking showed delivered.
Security cameras showed no FedEx came to the house.
We're out of state.
This picture was sent to us. The package was left on the street in front of our mailbox. That's a good 1/4 mile from our house.image000000 (3).jpg

They left a long package in my mailbox. Apparently the USPS took exception and tossed it into the weeds behind the mailbox. It took me 2 weeks to find it. They all suck.

FedEx is the worst....and the bad part of it is there is virtually no customer support. If you package doesn't come or goes missing they need the tracking numbers off the box to open a case. It's a mess. My stuff always goes to the neighbors down the street.

I never have issues with UPS, USPS, or Amazon......

You didn’t leave the required tip :oops:

I’m just trash talking….

Ya I know that sucks. Many times mine go to the wrong house then I have to find out which house. Usually take the dogs for a long walk on an adventure.

I found a fedex package on top of our septic tank lid which is 20’ from the road the other day. First for us. Luckily I found it leaving for work at 5am, otherwise I bet it would have been gone by 8am.

We live in the country, on acreage, with an electrically operated driveway gate. All the carriers (FedEx, UPS, USPS) will not deliver packages if our gate is closed, saying that it is against their policy to leave packages at the gate (nevermind that we also have an intercom at the gate that they could talk to us...without getting out of their truck...and get us to open the gate). When we are expecting a package, we leave the gate locked open...all three carries will THEN place the package on top of a gate pillar...so apparently, it's only against their policy to leave a package at a closed gate...an open gate is fine.
I also have security cameras, and when I have had packages that require signatures, I've had all three carries say they have attempted delivery for signature, when my cameras prove otherwise. When I have informed a supervisor later that I can prove they weren't there, the stories change, "Oh, I didn't mean to say you weren't home. I meant to say that our delivery person couldn't find your package in the truck...blah blah blah."

They all are horrible...oh and Amazon? They have run over my mailbox so many times I have lost count. They always deny it. I have to file the complaint with video, and sometimes they still try to deny it.

They all are horrible...oh and Amazon? They have run over my mailbox so many times I have lost count. They always deny it. I have to file the complaint with video, and sometimes they still try to deny it.
Years ago I came home to find my car (which was parked in my driveway at the top of the hill 1/4 mile from the road) was sideswiped. The damage perfectly matched the flat rear bumper common on delivery trucks used by UPS. That led to camera installation.

For us USPS is the best most reliable shipper. Amazon is usually good also.

I will have to start paying closer attention to which shipper is used for ebay purchases. Would be nice if ebay allowed buyers to set shipper preference and automatically alerted if buyer / seller shipper doesn't match.

Fedex is the worst. They do this all the time for us and leave packages outside of the community gate (Covered in "DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES HERE - PLEASE DELIVER TO FRONT DOOR placards) in a deep blue state. So of course, half our stuff get stolen by people driving by and noticeing they are out of anyone's view and can just take what they want.

Fedex has also just hit new lows in service in general. They recently delivered 3 out of 4 wheels that I ordered and seemed genuinely surprised that I wasn't please with the 75% success ration (which must exceed some acceptable corporate loss ratio). I had to take an afternoon off, play detective to find the right distribution center since they are purposely not listed on Google maps (said DC feels more like a federal penitentiary than a DC BTW). And spend OVER an hour waiting while they tracked down the lost wheel somewhere. After the wheel was found and the manager was fishing for a tip (incredible as that may seem) he told me if I had not shown up and put up a fuss, it was set for destruction within 24 hours. The only way I reverse engineered it was following where tracking scans diverged between the 3 successful deliveries and the missing wheel and then doing a lot of deep research on DC legal registration info because they DO NOT want customers coming to their DCs looking for the packages. You are supposed to stay home, talk to the offshore cust. service team if a clueless person who will tell you "we have it under control, I have marked this package with an open investigation and we will get back to you as soon as we can" and leave it at that. And then you're out a few thousand $$$ and in a major headache of finding just one rare wheel.

Last edited:
Fedex no longer cares about residential deliveries. In our most recent one, they delivered somewhere else. Again. They even left a picture of someone else’s front doorstep with the package. I sent them their photo and one of my front doorstep from the same angle.

Fedex response: “our records show it was delivered.”

We have taken what we think is the only reasonable step. When we have a choice, we don’t use them. In the case of the most recent misdelivery, we asked our vendor if there was another shipping option. They said there wasn't, so we told them we would no longer buy from them.

1701522573760.png

Last edited:
Last week UPS delivered a package. Sent the delivery picture to e mail. One problem it was someone else's house. Called CS they figured out where the packages were and brought them to me. Seems like it would be relatively easy to read an address but guess not for everybody.

They all suck. What I think is particularly criminal is their refusal (and I'm talking about Fedex, UPS, and USPS) to actually PAY for things they have outright lost, for which you paid extra for insurance. I had all three lose laptops we were shipping to new employees over the span of about 3-4 months. USPS admitted that they delivered it to the wrong address, but had no idea where (it was an apartment complex) and never recovered it. Fedex probably still to this day shows the package in their distribution center near Atlanta - the one widely known to be the absolute worst in the country. And UPS simply never responded to dozens of emails and phone calls. Apparently the only way to get reimbursed is to sue.

Personally only once I had an issue with FedEx. However, UPS I have issues all the time. It’s so bad that I don’t order from vendors who use UPS.

We’ve had two deliveries in the past week of appliances and furniture. The driver called when he was half an hour out. I specifically told him to back up across the lawn to the rollup door on the hangar (which I described as the big white building next to the house) and he said okay to that. It’s rural Florida - driving across the grass or parking on it is normal.

When they arrived, they parked on the street and lugged items wih dollies across 30 yards of grass. I told them again they could drive right up to the hangar but they just shrugged. Neither said it was policy or anything - I think they just forgot that quickly.

Personally only once I had an issue with FedEx. However, UPS I have issues all the time. It’s so bad that I don’t order from vendors who use UPS.

I have had problems with UPS while living in different states over the years. UPS is so bad when I order something I ask how it is delivered. UPS.?? Can you ship with anyone else.?? No.?? Cancel order. And yes, I call to order if there is not a shipping option on the website.

For some strange reason, the boxes I set out by the road have stopped disappearing. I mean how else does a person get rid of the kitty litter deposits.??

Once when I was living in Alaska, my mom sent a USPS Priority envelope to me from Texas. It made it to me the next day. The stars lined up perfectly for me that one.!!

With not a great deal of effort, you can find names and figure out the email address for many executives at FedEx. I've been known to email the VPs of Operations, Customer Services and Finance. Additionally, since most are based at the Atlanta corp office (which again, is public info), you can send certified USPS letter, and copy using FedEx shipping, to them to point out poor if not completely non-existent service. I had a check shipped FedEx to me (let's not get into electronic deposit issues) which disappeared for 10 days. Of course FedEx kept claiming it was delivered. Within 2 hours of the emails to TPTB, I get a very contrite phone call from the local DC, and a very p*ssed off driver who had to go out of his way to hand deliver the check to me. I give any customer service the opportunity. It that fails, it's on their head. I also try to avoid off-shore support. I've learned how to deal with CenturyLink (altho I wish there were options - there aint) and a few others. On one hand, it assuages my need for hostile action. On the other, why do I need to spend my time to deal with this?

FedEx Corp Office
942 South Shady Grove Road
Memphis, TN, 38120-4117
1 901 8187500

US customer relations address:
FedEx Customer Relations
3875 Airways, Module H3 Department 4634
Memphis, TN 38116

Legal Department:
3610 Hacks Cross Road
Building A, First Floor
Memphis, TN 38125

Board Members:

Senior Execs

Wnat more? Here are the email addresses:

Our regular FedEx ‘air’ delivery guy is great. He always makes the 55 step trip to the upper, covered entrance to deliver. If he has a ‘sig reqd’ package he will always call my cell before leaving an empty house to ask what to do. We tip him around the Fourth of July, and also around Christmas.

Our FedEx ‘ground’ delivery people, not so much. The part-time (I assume) Saturday crew are particularly bad, they often can’t even be bothered to climb 15 steps to the uncovered entrance, and will leave packages at the base of our stairs in a roadside community parking area (also plastered with do-not-deliver-here signs).

Pretty sure this is all due to their overpaid, box-flying-while-wearing-track-suit pilots. ;-)

Are the “do-not-deliver-here” signs only in English?

Fedex is the worst. They do this all the time for us and leave packages outside of the community gate (Covered in "DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES HERE - PLEASE DELIVER TO FRONT DOOR placards) in a deep blue state. So of course, half our stuff get stolen by people driving by and noticeing they are out of anyone's view and can just take what they want.

Fedex has also just hit new lows in service in general. They recently delivered 3 out of 4 wheels that I ordered and seemed genuinely surprised that I wasn't please with the 75% success ration (which must exceed some acceptable corporate loss ratio). I had to take an afternoon off, play detective to find the right distribution center since they are purposely not listed on Google maps (said DC feels more like a federal penitentiary than a DC BTW). And spend OVER an hour waiting while they tracked down the lost wheel somewhere. After the wheel was found and the manager was fishing for a tip (incredible as that may seem) he told me if I had not shown up and put up a fuss, it was set for destruction within 24 hours. The only way I reverse engineered it was following where tracking scans diverged between the 3 successful deliveries and the missing wheel and then doing a lot of deep research on DC legal registration info because they DO NOT want customers coming to their DCs looking for the packages. You are supposed to stay home, talk to the offshore cust. service team if a clueless person who will tell you "we have it under control, I have marked this package with an open investigation and we will get back to you as soon as we can" and leave it at that. And then you're out a few thousand $$$ and in a major headache of finding just one rare wheel.

See https://pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/fedex-strikes-again.141913/ .

Post #33 will give you some additional options.

With not a great deal of effort, you can find names and figure out the email address for many executives at FedEx. I've been known to email the VPs of Operations, Customer Services and Finance. Additionally, since most are based at the Atlanta corp office (which again, is public info), you can send certified USPS letter, and copy using FedEx shipping, to them to point out poor if not completely non-existent service. I had a check shipped FedEx to me (let's not get into electronic deposit issues) which disappeared for 10 days. Of course FedEx kept claiming it was delivered. Within 2 hours of the emails to TPTB, I get a very contrite phone call from the local DC, and a very p*ssed off driver who had to go out of his way to hand deliver the check to me. I give any customer service the opportunity. It that fails, it's on their head. I also try to avoid off-shore support. I've learned how to deal with CenturyLink (altho I wish there were options - there aint) and a few others. On one hand, it assuages my need for hostile action. On the other, why do I need to spend my time to deal with this?

FedEx Corp Office
942 South Shady Grove Road
Memphis, TN, 38120-4117
1 901 8187500

US customer relations address:
FedEx Customer Relations
3875 Airways, Module H3 Department 4634
Memphis, TN 38116

Legal Department:
3610 Hacks Cross Road
Building A, First Floor
Memphis, TN 38125

Board Members:

Senior Execs

Wnat more? Here are the email addresses:

I do that all the time, not just for shipping companies but anything I have issues with. I wrote to executives of UPS (several times, but they really don't care - they know they suck), Canada Post (same as UPS, they know they suck), FedEx (the one issue I had with them, they addressed and fixed), Hertz (fixed the issues I had with them), Enterprise (same as Hertz, addressed the issues and fix them) and more (hit and miss, some fixed the issues, some didn't care). I usually find them on LinkedIn, use my secrete LinkedIn spy tool to extract their email addresses from profiles (it's not that secret, anyone can subscribe to it lol) and then email them.

You think it's bad now, wait until they start using drones for delivery and you find it on the roof!
I saw a UPS truck in the driveway. They always leave stuff by the garage door in the rain, not on a covered front porch. I stepped out to get the package and it was not my name. It was for across the street. I got his attention and made him walk back down the driveway to me to get the package. The other driveway is steep and longer than mine.

Last year I had a FedEx package that was both 2 days late and 2 days early.

If was scheduled to arrive on Thursday but never showed. On Friday tracking indicated a delay with a new delivery date of Monday. We left for the weekend on Friday, and on Saturday I saw on my doorbell cam that the package arrived that day and the driver actually placed the box inside my porch!

But they left the tall narrow box standing up just inside the door, so it was clearly visible from the street instead of laying it on its side. :mad2:

Fed EX left my Starlik in the road and I found it in the deep ditch and it had been run over by someone, the drivers are too lazy to come up my driveway and this seemed to be one driver doing it, a slow roll as the package was tosssed out, happened a lot until we caught him on camera and sent that to Fed EX

We have the number of a supervisor and called repeatedly, it actually worked, no more road kill packages. I have seen the comment package delivered when it was not, they say that to make their numbers, the package then goes back to be reshipped.

Atlanta is/was the worst, anyone in ATL need the FED EX number we call PM me, they actually respond.

Yesterday I received two packages. One shipped on 17 October and it did not arrive until 4 December. Following the USPS Tracking program it looks like it sat somewhere for over 6 weeks before moving forward. 6 weeks from Illinois to Massachusetts.

The second package shipped last week from Washington state, arrived 4 Dec. One end of the box was crushed and evidence of being wet. Soaked actually, but it had dried out. Luckily everything inside was in plastic bags. Aircraft parts, nuts, bolts etc. No paper products.

Back