Fear of spiders

It's those friggin' headset spiders that I hate the most.

They're just so hard to spot unless you peel back and peek under the whole foam ring every time.

Forget just once, and they'll getcha -- usually on short final after dark.

xRum3YnWn5dsLrY-S1cTV-_JT25O76MP1VIftBSVuoM.jpg

Sorry for the necropost, but this picture belongs in this thread.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-20-at-8.35.27-AM.png
Someday, I'll tell you how I got rid of a raccoon in my attic... A little more "thoroughly" than this fellow got rid of his spider... Though not less costly.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I've killed black widows each time I've been to my hangar this week, most of them juveniles. The fellers who have the adjacent hangars don't come out very often and never spray their spiders, so the damn things hatch babies which come set up camp in my hangar. Creeps me the eff out!

My uncle was bitten by a black widow last year. He got extremely ill, spent time in the hospital. It took him about 6 weeks to feel like he was over it.

On the mention of bats... I bought my new house and was pulling conduit through the attic, one night I was watching tv and I was sure I saw something flying around the living room, sure enough I had left the attic hole in the hallway open and the bat decided to head into the living room, opened all the doors and eventually got it outside. Did it once more before I really got smart about closing the attic access before dusk. Also closed up all the holes into the attic from outside I could find.

I let a bat into my mom's van when I was about 10. I did what any proper 10 year old boy would do. I went straight for the Red Ryder BB gun. Mom saw me walking out with it and asked why I needed it in the dark. I was honest and told her about the bat.

It was a hard no from her and I had to resort to plan b, which was open all the doors and wait.

Back