failed drug test only for DOT?

What if you don't?

See 18(n) on the MedXpress worksheet, which asks specifically if you if EVER had a failed drug test. It doesn't seem to limit that to any specific agency or situation.

You sure do.
That one is a "for sure they find it pretty quick" and if you don't prepare to "lawyer up"...and lose, for falsification.

I thought the OP was asking if he only needed to report failed tests or if he also needed to report passed drug tests as a medical visit, in which case I presume the answer is "no."

I thought he was asking if other drug tests were excluded, such as a pre-employment test, for instance.

Do you only need to report failed DOT drug tests for medxpress?
Well. So I read your question two ways.

If you’re asking if it’s only necessary to report failures then yes. No need to report a negative drug screen.

If you’re asking if only failures from a DOT mandated program count I think you are out of luck. A failed test is a failed test. Have to report.

Would I need to report a false positive non-DOT test? I feel like this would cause uneccessary problems. I got a 2nd test to prove that it was a false positive and my doctor who ordered the test agrees with me.

You sure do.
That one is a "for sure they find it pretty quick" and if you don't prepare to "lawyer up"...and lose, for falsification.
To clarify, would I need to report a failed drug test that is not DOT? I ordered the test via my personal doctor. I got a false positive, and ordered another test through the same agency, and it came back negative.

The only non DOT tests I can think of are hims tests. Pre employment, randoms in safety sensitive positions, for cause… all fall under dot guidelines.

Then you have a problem, because the passage of time could have rendered the followup test negative. The second test is proof of.....not too much.

Then you have a problem, because the passage of time could have rendered the followup test negative. The second test is proof of.....not too much.
does it matter that the test is presumptive/qualitative? It was not a definitive test. The notes of the test state: "This drug test is for medical treatment only. These results should be used only by healthcare providers to render diagnosis or treatment". The notes also specify the results were not confirmed by a definitive method.

But yeah I notified my doctor immediately when the results came back, but the company already threw out the sample...I have on my medical record that my doctor requested a retest on the original sample. There was nothing I could have done differently.

Bobby, there's another string on this board about just this. You need to report this nad the Dr. note on the retest. FAA can find out, anyway, if it's part of a medical record....if you nonreprot and they find out, it "won't be pretty".

Now you have confused us all. you said it was for DOT. Now you say it was for medical tratment purposes. Which is it?
B

Bobby, there's another string on this board about just this. You need to report this nad the Dr. note on the retest. FAA can find out, anyway, if it's part of a medical record....if you nonreprot and they find out, it "won't be pretty".

Now you have confused us all. you said it was for DOT. Now you say it was for medical tratment purposes. Which is it?
B
Sorry for the confusion. The test IS NOT DOT. The test is also presumptive/qualitative, and a confirmation test was never performed on the positive result. The FAA asks for "verified positive", so I feel like this doesn't count as verified?

Bobby, trying to not report always comes back to woe. The mantra is "report, report, report". "Explain, explain, explain"

The peril is the class 4 felony and they CAN make it stick. Look up Ron Chrisman, and '4 delta pilots indicted". Also, "6,000 pilots under investigation". Not a good way to go.

B

Last edited:
I guess I’m a bit naive… I always thought that any drug test worth their salt, would split the sample.

I guess I’m a bit naive… I always thought that any drug test worth their salt, would split the sample.
that's what I thought...there is no indication on my report that would suggest my sample was split, or there was a confirmation test done on it.

Back