Facebook groups

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
I was going to join this group called "Pilots who aren't offended by everything" on Facebook (took the week off and its pouring down rain ALL week...). In order to join you have to answer three questions. This was one of the questions -

"Please note, this is a fun group, All unnecessary negative and extremely inappropriate behavior (don’t cross the line) will result in your removal from this group. Got it?"

Does anyone else find it really ironic(?) that a group that isn't "offended by everything" apparently has a line that can be crossed so easily that it has become part of the entrance exam?

:idea:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, they didn’t say they weren’t offended by anything. They said they weren’t offended by everything. So somethings offend them.

I was in that group and I left it when someone started posting pictures of dead children. I don't know if it's gotten better but apparently I'm offended by some things

Heh! Yeah join Uncontrolled Airspace (6PC’s group). It’s basically a huge ‘Let’s Make Friday Joke Day’ thread...only not G rated.

I got kicked out of that group 3 times. Pilots who are offended by most things would be a better name for it.

I’ve since canned facebook all together. Much better.

I was going to join this group called "Pilots who aren't offended by everything" on Facebook (took the week off and its pouring down rain ALL week...). In order to join you have to answer three questions. This was one of the questions -

"Please note, this is a fun group, All unnecessary negative and extremely inappropriate behavior (don’t cross the line) will result in your removal from this group. Got it?"

Does anyone else find it really ironic(?) that a group that isn't "offended by everything" apparently has a line that can be crossed so easily that it has become part of the entrance exam?

:idea:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Welcome to the new age sensitive males club

Well dead children would pretty obviously be ridiculously over the top by 99% of the populations standards... jeebus christmas what is wrong with some people

Well dead children would pretty obviously be ridiculously over the top by 99% of the populations standards... jeebus christmas what is wrong with some people

Pictures of dead kids doesn’t cross the line. The video of the murder does.

(I’m banning myself from that group for even saying that)

I was in that group and I left it when someone started posting pictures of dead children. I don't know if it's gotten better but apparently I'm offended by some things

I must have missed that. That group is hella tame compared to some.

I got kicked out of that group 3 times. Pilots who are offended by most things would be a better name for it.

I’ve since canned facebook all together. Much better.

LOL. You got banned for those?! I saw a couple before they toasted them I guess. That stuff was funny.

Pictures of dead kids doesn’t cross the line. The video of the murder does.

LOL. That’s called “Tuesday” on 4Chan. But it has to be turned into a GIF. LOL.

I guess having run an ISPs DNS servers, both hosted sites and resolvers, and seeing the domain names float by, I shouldn’t be too surprised that most folks have no clue whatsoever how dark the Internet really is. A few of those could even make me take a breath, and I’m not offended by much.

But FB Private Groups are definitely where it’s “at” these days. All that’s ever on anyone’s public posts is normal stuff or their 47 reposts of some political clickbait site.

The world wasn’t ready to know their neighbors put ketchup on hot dogs. :)

Or that they have twisted nasty senses of humor. Still isn’t. You should see the websites people go to that AREN’T part of mainstream social media.

My DNS server logs didn’t lie. There were some twisted bastards in our customer base. Way more than anyone thinks there are. LOL.

I must have missed that. That group is hella tame compared to some.

LOL. You got banned for those?! I saw a couple before they toasted them I guess. That stuff was funny.

LOL. That’s called “Tuesday” on 4Chan. But it has to be turned into a GIF. LOL.

I guess having run an ISPs DNS servers, both hosted sites and resolvers, and seeing the domain names float by, I shouldn’t be too surprised that most folks have no clue whatsoever how dark the Internet really is. A few of those could even make me take a breath, and I’m not offended by much.

But FB Private Groups are definitely where it’s “at” these days. All that’s ever on anyone’s public posts is normal stuff or their 47 reposts of some political clickbait site.

The world wasn’t ready to know their neighbors put ketchup on hot dogs. :)

Or that they have twisted nasty senses of humor. Still isn’t. You should see the websites people go to that AREN’T part of mainstream social media.

My DNS server logs didn’t lie. There were some twisted bastards in our customer base. Way more than anyone thinks there are. LOL.
I had that same experience one time, NAVSEA was putting a new application on US Navy ships and they wanted to see if the network would bear it so I rode a cruiser and destroyer for a week, put probes all over the network that captured traffic. Wow! As you said the domain names alone could turn your eyebrows white! I left the software with an E5 and told him he could be an Admiral in a year with the kind of power I was giving him!

Hmm. I'm in. The questions were very straightforward and really simple. Two of the three were of the "do you understand that..." genre, requiring nothing more than a "yes."

I just answer: PRNC

PRNC Park Reverse Neutral CHARGE!
PRNC Porter Ranch Neighborhood Council (Porter Ranch, CA)
PRNC Point Richmond Neighborhood Council (California)
PRNC Puerto Rico Nuclear Center
PRNC Potomac River Naval Command
PRnC Purchase Request and Commitment (US DoD)
PRNC Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre (Australia)

?

PRNC Park Reverse Neutral CHARGE!
PRNC Porter Ranch Neighborhood Council (Porter Ranch, CA)
PRNC Point Richmond Neighborhood Council (California)
PRNC Puerto Rico Nuclear Center
PRNC Potomac River Naval Command
PRnC Purchase Request and Commitment (US DoD)
PRNC Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre (Australia)

?
"Previously reported, no change."

It used to be an option in the medical history section of applications for medical certificates.

Hahah along the lines of “the Internet is a much bigger cesspool than you think”...

I found out today one of our new guys used to work for Photobucket.

You can fill in the blanks of our conversation about that, however you’d like.

Hahah along the lines of “the Internet is a much bigger cesspool than you think”...

I found out today one of our new guys used to work for Photobucket.

You can fill in the blanks of our conversation about that, however you’d like.
Heck, that's nothing. I worked with a lawyer who came to our company from Enron.

(Not in a decision-making position, but we had fun)

Back