FAA Wings Site... Issues

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Any one else here doing the FAA Wings program, and if so have you had an issue with getting credit/validation for your flight activities?

No, I was a regular participant in the old program, but have refused to go near the bureaucratic and completely counterproductive mess it turned into. One look at that website you have to use to get credit shows there has to be either utter incompetence or outright corruption on the FAAST programs award of that grant.

Any one else here doing the FAA Wings program, and if so have you had an issue with getting credit/validation for your flight activities?

Are you submitting your activities to your CFI and is he receiving them? Do you know if he is active in the program?

The program does work and works well if everyone does their part. I've never had any issues.

I've never had a problem getting validation. Or giving it.

No issues on my end really... Though I dont think my instructors are receiving an email telling them they have a credit waiting to be validated. I usually follow up with the instructor directly and while its proven difficult to get them to log in and validate the credit, once they do login there hasn't been any issue finding and validating the activity.

I have however noticed some long delays within the Wings site when navigating the site.

Are you submitting your activities to your CFI and is he receiving them? Do you know if he is active in the program?

The program does work and works well if everyone does their part. I've never had any issues.

Same here, yes the program does work very well and has a lot of great info.. I don't see why more folks are using it.. lots of great "FREE" stuff to test you knowledge.

Yes, he signed of on my IPC.. still having an issue with the flight review...

No problems here.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Same here, yes the program does work very well and has a lot of great info.. I don't see why more folks are using it.. lots of great "FREE" stuff to test you knowledge.

Yes, he signed of on my IPC.. still having an issue with the flight review...

I'm not positive so maybe a CFI will chime in but I believe you have to account for both the flight and ground portion and they are separate functions.

There's not enough courses for some topics in my opinion.

Master Flight Topic 1 in particular seems difficult to find. There's only a small handful.

I'm not positive so maybe a CFI will chime in but I believe you have to account for both the flight and ground portion and they are separate functions.
Not sure if this is what you are referring to: Completion of a Wings Phase requires completion of three validated knowledge Activities and three validated flight Activities. Each Activity covers a different Topic.

When you have completed them, the system will let you know you completed a Phase and have a spanking new flight review.

There's not enough courses for some topics in my opinion.

Master Flight Topic 1 in particular seems difficult to find. There's only a small handful.
That's true of some flight activities too.

Back