FAA releases new guidance for ICAO flight plan filing ADS-B

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
  • December 2015 – The FAA has published additional guidance on Filing for Advanced Surveillance Broadcast Capability (PDF) in an FAA ICAO Flight Plan. Guidance is included for both Field 10b and Field 18 ("SUR/" and "CODE/"). The AIM (PDF) also provides guidance on filing for Advanced Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B).
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...nits/air_traffic_services/flight_plan_filing/

If you click "Disable smilies in text" when writing or editing your post, you can prevent the forum software from displaying the "B)" in "(ADS-B) as a smiley.

So if I'm reading this correctly, if I have ADS-B out I will need to file with an ICAO plan?

According to fltplan.com all RNAV flight plans require ICAO flight plan format currently.

As far as disabling icons, I had no idea. Seems to me the default would be to, or should be to, accept the message as typed and for icons to be disabled unless I wanted type an icon.

Last edited:
According to fltplan.com all RNAV flight plans require ICAO flight plan format currently.

As far as disabling icons, I had no idea. Seems to me the default would be to, or should be to, accept the message as typed and for icons to be disabled unless I wanted type an icon.
I think the theory is that more people want
Code:
:)
to appear as :) than the ability to use parenthesis with a very limited group if characters that also happen to produce a smiley.

I also find it a bit annoying when I want to have a parenthesis with certain letters that are not part of a complete word, but it's rare enough compared to using smileys for me to not want to bother with the setting. Easy enough for me to just add and extra space for those few items (ADS-B ) ;)

I think the theory is that more people want
Code:
:)
to appear as :) than the ability to use parenthesis with a very limited group if characters that also happen to produce a smiley.

I also find it a bit annoying when I want to have a parenthesis with certain letters that are not part of a complete word, but it's rare enough compared to using smileys for me to not want to bother with the setting. Easy enough for me to just add and extra space for those few items (ADS-B ) ;)

That's one keystroke vs. one mouse-click. :dunno:

Back