FAA airman inquiry question

S

SYR

If my name shows up on the FAA airman inquiry, does that mean I got my medical? I submitted all materials in April and haven't heard anything back from them.

The search results screen has a Medical section and a Certficate's section below that. If the Medical is issued, it shows up there with what type and date issued.

I agree with Denver. You would be in the database if you applied for the Student Pilot alone.

Anybody know why the Student PIlot certificates now bear the redundant restriction "Carrying passengers prohibited." Is that so someone with only a student pilot certificate can't impress his friends with it?

I agree with Denver. You would be in the database if you applied for the Student Pilot alone.

Anybody know why the Student PIlot certificates now bear the redundant restriction "Carrying passengers prohibited." Is that so someone with only a student pilot certificate can't impress his friends with it?
They say the FARs were written in blood. Not sure if that's true but I suspect they were at least written based on the activities of morons. Maybe that's the reason for the redundant statement?

Maybe so the restriction is made more certain to rich kids with a student pilot certificate and a Cirrus??

Well something might be happening. Why not give the 800 number a call. I don't know how they handle it now, but in the past, the docs all dictated their findings so sometimes it took a day to get the response transcribed. But the person who answers the phone can tell you if the decision was made (you're still stuck waiting for the paper).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back