FAA ADSB Rebate Rumblings

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
My sources are saying that the FAA rebate is going to run out this coming September or until they have paid out 20,000 $500 rebates.

Does anybody have any information to the contrary?

Thanks,

Jim

The way I read it, it will end in Sept. 2017:

https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/

Update:
It might extend longer. From the FAA Rebate rules document:

"Once a commitment to purchase Eligible Equipment has been made and an installation date has been confirmed with an
authorized installer, a rebate reservation must be submitted by the Aircraft Owner for an Eligible Aircraft. The Rebate
Reservation web application will only accept scheduled installation dates within 90 calendar days from the reservation date.
FAA estimates that approximately 20,000 rebate reservations will be available. After all rebate reservations have been
allocated, the FAA will cease accepting reservations. FAA will reopen the rebate reservation process if rebates are not
claimed within the allotted period (see below)."

Last edited:
Hmmm...sounds like an attempt to try to get more people to equip...rebate or not, I just don't want to do it right now. I plan to equip in about 2021-2022...I've got other projects in mind now, and I figure (or maybe just hope) that the "rush" will be over by then, and prices will be "set". Not to mention, I almost never fly thru/over Bravo/Charlie...
Also, seems like I hear too much price fluctuation now...one person installs brand/model X for $1500 total, another person installs same model/brand X for $7500 total.

I submitted and was approved for my rebate this week. Hope the check actually arrives :)

I think the Navworx debacle soured some early adopters. My guess is this fall there will be a rebate increase to $750.

I think the Navworx debacle soured some early adopters. My guess is this fall there will be a rebate increase to $750.

I didn't feel all that great about getting a GTX 345 with a mod level of 0, my GTN is on level 5. Hopefully the GTX suffers few growing pains.

The way I read it, it will end in Sept. 2017:

https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/

Update:
It might extend longer. From the FAA Rebate rules document:

"Once a commitment to purchase Eligible Equipment has been made and an installation date has been confirmed with an
authorized installer, a rebate reservation must be submitted by the Aircraft Owner for an Eligible Aircraft. The Rebate
Reservation web application will only accept scheduled installation dates within 90 calendar days from the reservation date.
FAA estimates that approximately 20,000 rebate reservations will be available. After all rebate reservations have been
allocated, the FAA will cease accepting reservations. FAA will reopen the rebate reservation process if rebates are not
claimed within the allotted period (see below)."

Where did you find this document. All I can find is the reference document above.

Jim

Back