Explosion Rips Hole In Plane During Flight

I read on one report that they did not believe it was a bomb,,, what!!!, explosion, smoke.... panic... what else does this?

.....what!!!, explosion, smoke.... panic... what else does this?

a whitesnake greatwhite concert?!?

ouch, that was bad. please disregard all dooshbagery coming out of eman1200.

***EDIT: dang it I blew that joke***

Last edited:
scorching on the outside of the plane. Seems to support it being a bomb.

Somalia? Maybe somebody was cooking a goat onboard and the bladder blew up.

Cheers

a whitesnake concert?!?

ouch, that was bad. please disregard all dooshbagery coming out of eman1200.

:lol: Great White has the highest body count I believe.:yikes:

Interesting video. In addition to the entire crew's laudable actions to get the bird down safely and protect the passengers, the passengers themselves seem rather unfazed by it all. Maybe you get used to that sort of thing in Somalia.

Rich

Interesting video. In addition to the entire crew's laudable actions to get the bird down safely and protect the passengers, the passengers themselves seem rather unfazed by it all. Maybe you get used to that sort of thing in Somalia.

Rich

I noticed that, too. Very few even bothered with the O2 masks.

scorching on the outside of the plane. Seems to support it being a bomb.

But not on the inside?

I'm not buying.

By any chance, is there a 400 Hz bus near there? It's right above the wing root. High power electrics on aluminum will make a pretty good scorch.

Things that aren't bombs have caused explosions on other flights too.

But not on the inside?

I'm not buying.

By any chance, is there a 400 Hz bus near there? It's right above the wing root. High power electrics on aluminum will make a pretty good scorch.

I've seen a galley cabinet power cable burn a rigid oxygen tube completely off. Fortunately the oxygen line was not pressurized.

Almost every old jet has AC powered florescent cabin lighting.

Explosive residue,blast from inside out,sounds like a bomb ,that was placed in the wrong area.

Some reports indicate that one passenger was sucked out of the hole. If this was the result of a bomb, then hopefully it was the perpetrator that made the "unscheduled diversion".

Some reports indicate that one passenger was sucked out of the hole. If this was the result of a bomb, then hopefully it was the perpetrator that made the "unscheduled diversion".

Yep, I was thinking another underwear bomber has made it to heaven, but is now ill equipped to handle the 72 virgins.

But not on the inside?

I'm not buying.

LOL, CPS is no factor. The interior does look dark in the damaged area. The instant the pressure vessel ruptured all suspended particulates would be exhausted overboard.

Yep, I was thinking another underwear bomber has made it to heaven, but is now ill equipped to handle the 72 virgins.

Those guys never think things through. They are so impulsive...

Apparently arrests are being made of airport workers who may have been complicit.

Allegedly security video of a laptop being passed to the passenger in question, in a manner as to bypass security.

I haven't heard too many more details about the Russan jet that blew up over Egypt. They arrested airport workers there, too, didn't they?

Back