Expiration time on hours

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
My last flight with my CFII he told me he thinks I’m getting close to being ready and we are going to spend the next 3 hours of instruction for check ride prep. Yay! I have been working and studying hard for this. I was looking st my hour totals to see what hurtles I still face. I started IFR training over 10 years ago and took time off from flying.
The 15 hour requirement I will easily meet with my current instructor. Meaning I have at least 15 hours of IFR instruction done with in last 6 months.

The 40 hour one for for actual or simulated is where I get confused. So does instruction I received count???
Regarding that one and the 50 hour XC one, I’m I allowed to use some of the hours I logged 10 years + ago???

I don’t want to walk in to my check ride and have a person review and see I screwed up my hours. My situation is not that uncommon I imagine.
Thanks for any help.
I’ve read the FAR’s and for as simple as they sound I am getting confused.

Your CFI should be ensuring your hours are adequate and correct. Ask your CFI, they're the one who recommends you.

The instruction you received under the hood counts toward the 40 hour total. The 50 hour cross country PIC is "general experience" so, even if your student solo cross countries 10 years ago count.

But @mscard88 is right. While it is your responsibility to know what the requirements are, it is your also instructor's responsibility to ensure you meet all the requirements before signing you off for the checkride.

The only hours that "expire" are the 3 hours of training within 90 days of the practical test.
And they only expire for that singular purpose. They are still good hours for total time and meeting other requirements of a certificate or rating.

And they only expire for that singular purpose. They are still good hours for total time and meeting other requirements of a certificate or rating.
exactamundo

Back