Excuses

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
What are some of the dumbest (ie best) excuses you’ve come up with to go flying?

“Did I close the hangar door?” Let me go check, and while I’m here I might as well fly.

Putting new batteries in headset, need to fly to make sure they are ok.

“Did I turn the light off in the hangar?” Let me go check, and while I’m here I might as well fly.

Forgot to record tach time on my last flight, let me go grab those numbers, and while I’m here I might as well fly.

I need to restock the beer fridge...well, I really don’t need to but I’m going to and while I’m here and before I have a beer, I might as well fly.

Forecast is calling for calm winds. I’d just like to confirm that by going flying.

It’s lunchtime. I could eat the food in my fridge that I paid for and is like 10 feet away from me and all I have to do is heat it up, OR I can fly an hour away to that place that has the tasty french fries. French fries it is.

We haven't flown in almost TWO WEEKS! We gotta go now!

My plane was in an airport 1-1/2 hours away for service but it was still flyable. I asked my wife if she wanted to drive there, and fly back to our home town for dinner. She said no, but I would have.

"I left my favorite mechanical pencil in the terminal. Gotta go back and get it."

That was one I actually used. I still have that pencil.

Just washed the plane and I don't have a chamois, gotta go fly to dry it off...(true story 2x)

Supposed to change the oil every few months anyway would be a shame to not put the hours on it too...

Supposed to change the oil every few months anyway would be a shame to not put the hours on it too...

Yep. Gotta fly it before the oil change to warm it up, and afterwards to make sure there are no leaks. Oil changes are a twofer! o_O

Yep. Gotta fly it before the oil change to warm it up, and afterwards to make sure there are no leaks. Oil changes are a twofer! o_O

what if you see a leak and ur not sure if it was a leak or a dribble from filling it? Shouldn’t you wipe it up and test it again? :)

"Martha, I'm spending too much time at my computer on PoA."
No better remedy than go out flying.

Need to gas the plane up in case I want to go somewhere.

My son forgot his favorite sweater when he left for college. He had others, but THIS was his favorite. Of course I had to take it to him.

I’m sure his friends all think we’re rich. Can’t be, I’m a pilot.

What are some of the dumbest (ie best) excuses you’ve come up with to go flying?

“Did I close the hangar door?” Let me go check, and while I’m here I might as well fly.

Putting new batteries in headset, need to fly to make sure they are ok.

“Did I turn the light off in the hangar?” Let me go check, and while I’m here I might as well fly.

Forgot to record tach time on my last flight, let me go grab those numbers, and while I’m here I might as well fly.

I need to restock the beer fridge...well, I really don’t need to but I’m going to and while I’m here and before I have a beer, I might as well fly.

Forecast is calling for calm winds. I’d just like to confirm that by going flying.

It’s lunchtime. I could eat the food in my fridge that I paid for and is like 10 feet away from me and all I have to do is heat it up, OR I can fly an hour away to that place that has the tasty french fries. French fries it is.

Aren't you single? Why would you need an excuse?

Back