Ever heard of "Hedge-Hopping"?

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
Have you ever heard of "Hedge-Hopping"? See the 2nd row far right panel. If so, what exactly is it? I'm guessing it's flying so low you have to climb in order to clear landscaping in people's front yards?

BTW, the story begins on page 26 if you want to read the whole thing.

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=34037

36.jpg

Basically means flying low to the ground and "hopping" over anything that can't be cleared at the current altitude.

Basically means flying low to the ground and "hopping" over anything that can't be cleared at the current altitude.

The idea was fields had trees on the boundaries which low from the air resembled hedges.

Apparently back in 1942 CFIT meant "Controlled Flight Into Train" (page 38).

British term for scud running...rather than NOE flight...at least in the North East of England.

Yes, flying low and hoping over hedges. Such as Chuck Yeager's character in the Right Stuff doing a wave with his arm indicating he had been hedge hoping. Kind of a reply to the question from Pancho Barnes earlier in the movie.

Dude has issues with women. But it could be an artifact that she is a redhead.

Like, me. For some reason, almost all chicks either love me or hate me. Asians, Latinas, White chicks, Black chicks, even Indians, but not redheads. They only hate me. Why it is I don't know, but it's just how it is.

In Europe the fields are bordered by hedges with no fences. The hedges are so thick little can get through. You may have seen some of the WWII tanks had a hedge cutter on them so they could cross between fields. I once hid my entire platoon in one while the OPFOR walked right by.

Yes, but could you turn a woman's pants into a skirt without her noticing while she's still wearing it?

And turn her yellow short sleeved shirt with red trim into a yellow long sleeve sweater with a red scarf.

In Europe the fields are bordered by hedges with no fences. The hedges are so thick little can get through. You may have seen some of the WWII tanks had a hedge cutter on them so they could cross between fields. I once hid my entire platoon in one while the OPFOR walked right by.

Oh yeah. Saw a lot of those. Especially during REFORGER. Those are a mutha to get past on foot.

Damn, I gotta get a pipe.

Anyone else think that in the last panel that as Ginger reaches for Yanks stick and says she is willing to learn Yank is thinking.... "I'm gonna get laid tonight"....

Anyone else think that in the last panel that as Ginger reaches for Yanks stick and says she is willing to learn Yank is thinking.... "I'm gonna get laid tonight"....
He does have that creepy look on his face...

Nah, the clue would be sparks would have been flying out of his pipe.

Is that a Stinson he tooling around in?

Cheers

Never heard of "Hedge Hopping", but apparently it requires a pretty redhead. Is it anything like "Porky Pigging"?

Last edited:
Dude has issues with women...

Maybe. But I did notice he gave up the left front seat to her once he finally got her in the plane. Very gallant, don't you think. :cool: :D

more important question ,how come the bullet bra fell out of fashion?

Back