Ever give someone an intentionally scary ride?

No.

The closest I've done is demonstrate stalls, and things like that to people who were nervous about flying but were willing to trust me and the plane to demonstrate that the wings will not just break off and the plane will not fall out of the sky

I've never intentionally scared anyone, and if I had someone like that at my work I wouldn't be inviting them flying or really going out of my way to spend any more than the required amount of time with them

Even muttering “crap!” into the intercom because you dropped something on the floor will scare some. There’s no point at all in doing it. Just supports that “little airplanes bad” stereotype they’ve heard all their lives.

"Little planes are sketch!"

I have never given anyone a scary ride. My wife, however, would likely argue that point.

Of course, she argues about most things anyway.....

I have never given anyone a scary ride. My wife, however, would likely argue that point.

Of course, she argues about most things anyway.....

and horses too.....I think we married the same woman. I made the mistake of letting her hold the iPad with ADS-B in on the way to Phoenix. She had it zoomed out and could see all the traffic on it. No amount of explaining that they are miles away/and or above or below us would calm her down. Then as I was on final for 4R in Chandler, she freaked when she saw someone else right beside us lined up for 4L.

and horses too.....I think we married the same woman. I made the mistake of letting her hold the iPad with ADS-B in on the way to Phoenix. She had it zoomed out and could see all the traffic on it. No amount of explaining that they are miles away/and or above or below us would calm her down. Then as I was on final for 4R in Chandler, she freaked when she saw someone else right beside us lined up for 4L.

Maybe they’re sisters.

Is yours 4’11”, cute as hell, with terrible judgement when it comes to choosing a spouse?

Ugh... was under the impression he was doing that FR in a CAP plane. No idea where I got that idea from.

Ugh I looked back and it was the Ex-AF CFI that did that to my poor brain.

There’s a reason they don’t let me drive home on infusion day. Gah. I should have put the phone away too. LOL. Jeebus.

This is why we run the IMSAFE checklist, kids hahaha. Good lord.

So now that industrial amounts of Benadryl, IV prednisone, Claritin, and Tylenol and such have at least made their way to half life, if not gone... and we’re down to just the general stupidity of gabapentin...

I’ll be up all night. Maybe back to my usual normal number of errors instead of utter crap. Hahaha. Or maybe it’s always utter crap. Oh well.

Arrggggh. Glad that’s over for six months. Fffffffff. I hate drugs. I really hate drugs.

Wow, some of you need to lighten up.
And I should mention, the annoying guy I scared now has his pilot's license. But, I suppose you could argue he is now out giving someone else a scare! LOL

No. Never crossed my mind to do such a thing...

We have all exercised poor judgment at some point... thanks for sharing yours. Hopefully it will be a learning event for someone.

Passive aggressive much? lol

Lol. 1st flight with my wife. We're in a club plane leaving the class C, headed 50nm directly south to an airport to get lunch. After things settle down, I tell departure that I'd like to switch to radio to open my VFR flight plan (wife;'s insistence). He says he's not real busy at the moment and he'd open it for me. I thanked him. Then he issues a traffic advisory

"Bugsmasher 197, traffic 10 oclock, two miles, a cessna 172 travelling westbound, same altitude"

"Negative contact"

And my wife freaks out. There's an airplane in front of us? Why can't we see it. I explain that a 172 at 2nm is but a spec. "But what are you going to do about it" in a very loud voice. *sigh*

"Departure, BS197, request traffic update"

"Traffic now 2 oclock, 1 mile, westbound, traffic no factor"

See honey, he's crossed our path, headed away from us, no issue. "But, but, he could still turn around and hit us, couldn't he?" "Highly unlikely, dear, he's just headed off to where ever he's going" "But, he could STILL HIT US" In a very loud voice. *sigh* "Would you like to go home? " "YES!!!!!"

So I tell departure we'd like to return, and he vectors me around. After I'm back on course, he comes on with sarcasm in his voice "I suppose you'd like me to close that flight plan I just opened for you?" Tail between my legs I reply "Yes, sir. Thank you"

Maybe they’re sisters.

Is yours 4’11”, cute as hell, with terrible judgement when it comes to choosing a spouse?

5' 2" and all the above.

5'2", petite, cute, argumentative, *sigh*

I guess @DaleB has me blocked or something but I tried to send this in private...

Might want to take down a written confession of a bust of 91.307 and perhaps 91.303 and mention it to the instructor...
I don't have anyone blocked, and if I did it wouldn't be you. And I've never even sat in a CAP plane, much less flown one.

And I believe you're incorrect. Ask yourself this: If 91.307 and 91.303 were absolute, then how would any student pilot be taught spins or unusual attitude recovery without both the instructor and student wearing parachutes? 91.303 is vague enough to prohibit even the teaching of steep turns... even a 45 degree bank is not really "necessary for normal flight". And 91.307 as that pesky little "other than a crewmember" in there. Not "required crewmember", just "crewmwmber". I'm PIC, the guy in the right seat is a CFI giving a flight review. Are we not both crewmembers?

I don't have anyone blocked, and if I did it wouldn't be you. And I've never even sat in a CAP plane, much less flown one.

And I believe you're incorrect. Ask yourself this: If 91.307 and 91.303 were absolute, then how would any student pilot be taught spins or unusual attitude recovery without both the instructor and student wearing parachutes? 91.303 is vague enough to prohibit even the teaching of steep turns... even a 45 degree bank is not really "necessary for normal flight". And 91.307 as that pesky little "other than a crewmember" in there. Not "required crewmember", just "crewmwmber". I'm PIC, the guy in the right seat is a CFI giving a flight review. Are we not both crewmembers?

Ah sorry, the system refused to let me send you a PM so I assumed it was some “feature” of the silly individual blocking hack that doesn’t notify people that they’re blocked.

But yeah, we just had a long thread about how poorly written all that stuff is. :) Pick an inspector and an ALJ and roll the dice I guess.

But yeah, we just had a long thread about how poorly written all that stuff is. :) Pick an inspector and an ALJ and roll the dice I guess.
Or, just continue to fly and not worry about turning your life into a study in administrative navel contemplation. Bet you lunch you could find a potential theoretical FAR violation in any flight made by any pilot anywhere in the country, given enough time and paranoia.

Or, just continue to fly and not worry about turning your life into a study in administrative navel contemplation. Bet you lunch you could find a potential theoretical FAR violation in any flight made by any pilot anywhere in the country, given enough time and paranoia.

Sure. I would just remain mindful of not quite posting the details in writing in public of stuff a really dumb lawyer might find interesting after a cursory read of the regs and their first day on the job. Ha. You never know who’s reading.

But yeah after I realized I was in a brain fog reading that one, what was posted could have been being done well within the lines with no crayon color straying outside at all, the way it was written. Ha.

Sure. I would just remain mindful of not quite posting the details in writing in public of stuff a really dumb lawyer might find interesting after a cursory read of the regs and their first day on the job. Ha. You never know who’s reading.
Nor do I particularly care. If I post something here, I know it may be read by pros and idiots alike.

But yeah after I realized I was in a brain fog reading that one, what was posted could have been being done well within the lines with no crayon color straying outside at all, the way it was written. Ha.
That's how both of the people crewmembers in the airplane at the time felt.

Nor do I particularly care. If I post something here, I know it may be read by pros and idiots alike.

It’s the idiots who report things who are the problem. The investigators apparently don’t have the ability to laugh and throw the report away. Like the moron who reported @SixPapaCharlie for pretending to be a CFI.

And of course no consequences for the dumbass who did it. That’s the real problem.

The hassle isn’t worth it. My FSDO touches the TRACON walls so it’s razor wires and armed guards to get in there to save us all from the terrorists who want to attack cowtown. LOL. Frakking thirty minutes of security theater just to get inside WITH an appointment.

Well, to be fair, they probably want to make sure you're not carrying the plague or something.

I once spun a Champ without warning the gal sitting behind me. I recovered quickly when I realized that she was now sitting above me, and if she spewed it, would be down my neck.

Back