Eventual Jet Transition, KING AIR 350i or PC-12 NG

Sure they will. There are insurers, for the right amount of money, that will basically insure anything. Just depends on what the client is willing to pay.

Nope, not as a single pilot owner/operator. A policy for a pilot like this will typically prohibit single pilot ops for a considerable period of time plus somewhere between 100-200 hours of dual time with a qualified pilot and significantly diminished liability limits. If at all.

Nope, not as a single pilot owner/operator. A policy for a pilot like this will typically prohibit single pilot ops for a considerable period of time plus somewhere between 100-200 hours of dual time with a qualified pilot and significantly diminished liability limits. If at all.

You are narrowing your knowledge to aviation insurers and the typical aviation policy. There are insurance companies in the world that specialize in insurance for just about anything, and again, it comes down to what the client is willing to pay for such insurance.

Example, ever hear of Lloyd's of London?

You are narrowing your knowledge to aviation insurers and the typical aviation policy. There are insurance companies in the world that specialize in insurance for just about anything, and again, it comes down to what the client is willing to pay for such insurance.

Okay, you’re right. I’m narrowing my knowledge
to aviation insurers in a discussion about insuring airplanes.

The OP could also self-insure.

This is probably the best suggestion that I have seen in a while. Bonus is, you'll have hundreds of hours as SIC when you go for that type rating, and you may actually get insured in it... Assuming that is important to you.

actually, you may not. the only time that you can log SIC in a 505 is under one of three conditions. 1. the PIC has a SIC required limitation on his/her type rating. or 2: either the autopilot, flight director, or boom mike is inop or 3 the aircraft is operated under a operating certificate that requires two pilots. otherwise the aircraft certified as single pilot and an SIC is not required, so someone sitting right seat cannot log SIC unless one of those three conditions exist.

I would suspect he was a troll, people looking to spend that much money don't ask questions like that on a message board, they ask actual professionals.

Odin? God? Haha!

Yeah y'all got trolled.

The OP could also self-insure.

Likely not, unless they are backed by a major corporation/bonding capacity. Where will they park it? Every major airport capable of homing a jet will require additional-insured status on an insurance policy.

The insurance premium differential for a low-time single pilot on the jet will be a multiple of what you'd pay in wages to a professional pilot. It is basically the insurance company telling you they will pay you to get someone to help you fly the plane.

Everyone forgets with enough money anything is possible. Know of several owners that moved into Citations with less than 500 hrs and afterwards jumped right into SPIFR twin-turbine helicopters. Regular courses at Flight Safety kept them insured and if they were younger they would probably end up with 1000s of hours in both airframes.

Back