Earhart Survived

Whatever the heck happened and wherever she wound up I strongly suspect she and her navigator are dead.

That whole story is fake. We had incontrovertible proof right here on POA last week that her airplane was intact and embedded into a snarl of smudged pixels at the bottom of a small bay. It was hard to miss because Bigfoot was down there with full scuba gear, holding a sign and pointing at the wreck.

I feel much more relieved thinking she died in a harsh Japanese prison camp instead of being killed in a crash or starving on an island.

Interesting, I might try to watch the documentary on Sun evening.

I met Amelia's flight instructor.
ca878708dffec11a365bd5a8b040561b--amelia-earhart.jpg

She had to make it! What's so tough about an open ocean ditching in a twin-engined land plane? Or a gear-up on a deserted island beach?

She was cool, she was significant, and she bought it trying to accomplish a difficult feat. As much as I admire her, I got the impression she wasn't sierra hotel in airplane handling, either. And imagine how many people in the Japanese chain of command would have had to know she was a prisoner, how many would have had to keep their yaps shut for decades, and pre-war, why in the world would the Japanese make a secret out of "rescuing" her, and miss out on all that good propoganda? If the guys on-scene had mistreated her, that could be an embarrassment, I imagine, but also explained away. . .

A far away shot of someone's back... obviously her and not any of the other millions of people alive at the time.

Yes, but you have to keep in mind it also includes a far away blurry out of focus shot of somebody who might be approximately the right height to maybe be someone who sorta resembles Noonan, and what are the odds of having two such figures in the same photo?

That photo though is so grainy, I don't see how you could make an ID.

Whatever the heck happened and wherever she wound up I strongly suspect she and her navigator are dead.

But what about their children? :devil:

Side note: Because of this post @mscard and I may well become cell-mates. Cold Noonan have become as fixated on female anatomy as @mscard?

Said in jest to be sure. Waiting for the hammer to fall. LOL. :needpics:

Side note: Because of this post @mscard and I may well become cell-mates. Cold Noonan have become as fixated on female anatomy as @mscard?

Considering a mod is currently relating details for nipple cups I think that maybe you are safe.

On a more serious note, am I the only one who doesn't care in the slightest about whether they locate the final resting place of Amelia or her Lockheed? I get that the event itself is of historical significance, but thousands of people have disappeared over the ocean in aircraft (and other vessels) and never found. How anyone can obtain funding for a search party, or another documentary to add to the dozens of existing documentaries is beyond me.

Considering a mod is currently relating details for nipple cups I think that maybe you are safe.

Clark,
I have a nipple cup on my coffee mug so I can get my fix in the morning before I get out of bed. So satisfying. LOL

I feel much more relieved thinking she died in a harsh Japanese prison camp instead of being killed in a crash or starving on an island.
I feel absolutely the opposite. The Japanese were far from pleasant to deal with back then. I would always prefer dying a free man to dying in a prison.

I don't think she had enough of the anatomy that mscard88 preferred....

More surprising and fascinating is that it's not TIGHAR this time, and there's no plea for - er, research - money.

On a more serious note, am I the only one who doesn't care in the slightest about whether they locate the final resting place of Amelia or her Lockheed? I get that the event itself is of historical significance, but thousands of people have disappeared over the ocean in aircraft (and other vessels) and never found. How anyone can obtain funding for a search party, or another documentary to add to the dozens of existing documentaries is beyond me.

I'm with you. I also happen to find her life far more fascinating than her death, but, sadly, her story and achievements have been completely overshadowed by her disappearance.

That whole story is fake. We had incontrovertible proof right here on POA last week that her airplane was intact and embedded into a snarl of smudged pixels at the bottom of a small bay. It was hard to miss because Bigfoot was down there with full scuba gear, holding a sign and pointing at the wreck.

You forgot to include that hole in the North Pole that the guy was trying to find "research funding" for a couple weeks ago...it must play into this somehow...

Is there any truth to the rumor that Kim Jong-Un is the love child of Earhart and Lindbergh conceived during a secret rescue mission flown by Lindbergh when he was flying missions in the Pacific? Rumor also says he had to leave her behind as there was no room in the P-38 he flew and the C-47 that was to carry her and Noonan was destroyed when the JATO bottles to be used on takeoff exploded on landing in the rescue attempt. Nobody knows how old Kim really is so it must be true.

Stay tuned for the documentary on WeTV based on film found behind the Ark of the Covenant stored in a Secret Government Warehouse under Greenbrier Resort.

Cheers

Is there any truth to the rumor that Kim Jong-Un is the love child of Earhart and Lindbergh conceived during a secret rescue mission flown by Lindbergh when he was flying missions in the Pacific? Rumor also says he had to leave her behind as there was no room in the P-38 he flew and the C-47 that was to carry her and Noonan was destroyed when the JATO bottles to be used on takeoff exploded on landing in the rescue attempt

Stay tuned for the documentary on WeTV based on film found behind the Ark of the Covenant stored in a Secret Government Warehouse under Greenbrier Resort.

Cheers
Total falsification. Doolittle was the father. The Tokyo raid was just a diversion for the affair.

A far away shot of someone's back... obviously her and not any of the other millions of people alive at the time.

Seriously.

"This absolutely changes history," Henry tells PEOPLE Magazine. "I think we proved beyond a reasonable doubt that she survived her flight and was held prisoner by the Japanese on the island of Saipan, where she eventually died." :rolleyes:

That photo though is so grainy, I don't see how you could make an ID.
You'd never be able to make a positive/conclusive ID based off the photo alone, but it is interesting.

The AOL article doesn't really do it justice. I watched an excerpt of the documentary on another site. At first glance the photo doesn't look like much, but they did some forensic work using other photos of Noonan and Earhart that does indeed make it a little more plausible. The photo apparently had been previously classified TS.

Doesn't change the ultimate outcome, but it is nice to see new potential evidence that isn't being used to fund a TIGHAR vacation.

Even if you could conclude that the photo is AE (fat chance) how would you know it wasn't taken prior to her disappearance? I see nothing in the photo that would let you date it precisely.

But I'm sure a TV producer can somehow craft a show out of it. The photo is almost as good as all the pics of Nessie, and there have been lots of Loch Ness shows.

Even if you could conclude that the photo is AE (fat chance) how would you know it wasn't taken prior to her disappearance? I see nothing in the photo that would let you date it precisely.
Presumably they know the date and location of the photo from the previously classified file it was in.

Presumably they know the date and location of the photo from the previously classified file it was in.

They claim to have found it in the wrong file by accident, so I don't think that holds water. There's more credibility in a sighting of Elvis and Sasquatch flying a UFO together.

Back