Dumb questions

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
When reading the threads, some of the questions may seem simple at first,today while flying into a major Florida airport. Three separate aircraft where given the towers phone number,for mistakes that could have been explained on this forum,if someone had asked. So there really are no dumb questions.

When reading the threads, some of the questions may seem simple at first,today while flying into a major Florida airport. Three separate aircraft where given the towers phone number,for mistakes that could have been explained on this forum,if someone had asked. So there really are no dumb questions.

Dumb question, but what were the mistakes? 3 in a short time, that's pretty rough.

Dumb question, but what were the mistakes? 3 in a short time, that's pretty rough.

The controller said "Everyone I'm talking to is cleared into the Bravo"

I assured a recent first-time pax that there were no stupid questions in aviation. he said "ok, well I saw in most of your videos that you wear shades when u fly, can I bring my shades?". so, really.....ask away.

"There are no stupid questions; only stupid people."

I assured a recent first-time pax that there were no stupid questions in aviation. he said "ok, well I saw in most of your videos that you wear shades when u fly, can I bring my shades?". so, really.....ask away.

Did you just stare at him and then say, "Wow, really? I take that back, there are stupid questions. Come on, dude. NO ONE but the pilot is allowed to wear sunglasses."

I only take issue with the fact that he used the word "shades" unless this even took place in the late 80s. In which case it is excused.

Did you just stare at him and then say, "Wow, really? I take that back, there are stupid questions. Come on, dude. NO ONE but the pilot is allowed to wear sunglasses."

haha, great response!

I only take issue with the fact that he used the word "shades" unless this even took place in the late 80s. In which case it is excused.

I might have paraphrased, therefore I used the word 'shades'. But only because I'm cool enough to do so.

"Why are we going to this end of the runway?"

"Because of the wind direction. We need to take off in to the wind."

"But, won't the wind help push you along?"

How do you argue with that.

"Where are the parachutes"
Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that one. One day I just want to reply with, "nah, they're bad luck!"
"Why are we going to this end of the runway?"

"Because of the wind direction. We need to take off in to the wind."

"But, won't the wind help push you along?"

How do you argue with that.
Tell them to stick their hand out the window like a kid in a car. If there's a strong wind from behind, that 'wing hand' pointed up trying to climb will get run over by a car.

I have never been in a plane this small.

Really? I have never flown one this big before....

Prospective passenger: "Do you have a bathroom on your airplane?"
Smartarse pilot: "I have a men's room"

Prospective passenger: "Do you have a bathroom on your airplane?"
Smartarse pilot: "I have a men's room"

Let me take a moment to complement the proper spelling of your name.

I work at a flight school and whenever we have discover flight questions for some reason this question always pops up. "Do we get the fly the plane alone?" Is there going to be an instructor on board?" Yea we are just going to give you the keys to the plane you've never flown before and say see you later.

One heard on tower freq that could only have come from an engineer in the back of a T-38 in the overhead when we were in the hold short, "Whaddya want me to tell them now?"

Nauga,
and his 'in is out' PTT switch

And then there are the questions that are never verbalized.

"How come we're walking past all these cool-looking planes and getting into this old, dumpy one?"

Back