Dual G5's+GTN650+Autopilot = TAA?

WDD

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Vintage Snazzy (so my adult children say)
If an airplane has dual G5's, a GTN 650, and an autopilot, does that count as Technically Advanced Aircraft for purposes of logging time toward Commercial Rating requirements?

61.129(j):
  • Technically advanced airplane. Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, a technically advanced airplane must be equipped with an electronically advanced avionics system that includes the following installed components:
  1. The primary flight display and multifunction display may be combined on a split screen, as long as the elements specified in 61.129(j) are continuously visible.
    An electronic Primary Flight Display (PFD) that includes, at a minimum, an
    airspeed indicator, turn coordinator, attitude indicator, heading indicator, altimeter, and vertical speed indicator. (G5's do that)
  2. An electronic Multifunction Display (MFD) that includes, at a minimum, a moving map using Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation with the aircraft position displayed. (GTN 650 could do that).
  3. A two axis autopilot integrated with the navigation and heading guidance system.
  4. The display elements described in paragraphs (j)(1) and (2) of this section must be continuously visible. (The GTN could have the map continuously visible. But not of course with the default display which is used in IFR. I'm assuming that an I Pad moving map and traffic doesn't count).

Thank you - I see the answer is "More than likely - probably".
Let me see how I can get this merged with that thread.

If an airplane has dual G5's, a GTN 650, and an autopilot, does that count as Technically Advanced Aircraft for purposes of logging time toward Commercial Rating requirements?

61.129(j):
  • Technically advanced airplane. Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, a technically advanced airplane must be equipped with an electronically advanced avionics system that includes the following installed components:
  1. The primary flight display and multifunction display may be combined on a split screen, as long as the elements specified in 61.129(j) are continuously visible.
    An electronic Primary Flight Display (PFD) that includes, at a minimum, an
    airspeed indicator, turn coordinator, attitude indicator, heading indicator, altimeter, and vertical speed indicator. (G5's do that)
  2. An electronic Multifunction Display (MFD) that includes, at a minimum, a moving map using Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation with the aircraft position displayed. (GTN 650 could do that).
  3. A two axis autopilot integrated with the navigation and heading guidance system.
  4. The display elements described in paragraphs (j)(1) and (2) of this section must be continuously visible. (The GTN could have the map continuously visible. But not of course with the default display which is used in IFR. I'm assuming that an I Pad moving map and traffic doesn't count).
What “default display” is used with IFR that isn’t a moving map?

Back