Drivers License Question

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
Just got my license renewed and it has an interesting statement in big bold typing.

"Not for Federal Identification"

Is this just the Real ID noncompliance statement or do I now have other issues?

Tried calling the FSDO to see if it's still a valid ID for flying. However, it's the week in between holidays!

Probably a mix of standard issues post "9/11" federal paranoia and the bleeding heart liberals letting all the criminal Mexican inhabitants get licenses.

The main question is it still a valid FAA ID? If so then I won't worry about it.

I use my Global Entry and/or my passport if I have to enter a federal building.

Arggg.... The DMV screwed up. I paid the amount for the new ID.

They have no signage or please visit XYZ.gov.

I'd try to take it back and exchange it especially if you have a receipt showing what you paid for. However, it should not impact the requirement to have a government issued photo ID when you fly. It is still a government issued picture ID.

Better tell DHS, CBSA, FAA because I got federal IDs from all. :D

But none of them are Real ID Act compliant!

I'm not trackin on what you got man. AR isn't one of the states right now in hot water. I wanna say there are about 9 that didnt comply and their citizens will gave to use something else like a passport.

But none of them are Real ID Act compliant!

I'm not trackin on what you got man. AR isn't one of the states right now in hot water. I wanna say there are about 9 that didnt comply and their citizens will gave to use something else like a passport.

My Global Entry, SIDA, & NEXUS cards not Real ID compliant??

Well apparently AR still gives out non compliant IDs. If they have both why not state that when you walk up.

I'll fix it sometime this week. Apparently I have to prove I'm a citizen. :rolleyes:

Did you show your birth certificate and proper I'd to get your real ID driver's license? What state is that?
It's a state issued ID, just not acceptable to TSA for an airline ticketed seat.

Yup....you have a birth cert?....right? :D

I might have the Kenyan one laying around... :D

Did you show your birth certificate and proper I'd to get your real ID driver's license? What state is that?
It's a state issued ID, just not acceptable to TSA for an airline ticketed seat.

To get your Real ID I have to take my Passport, Two Proof of Residency & my SS card.

All I did was walk up, hand the lady my DL and pay my $40 renewal fee.

The driver licenses issued to the illegal aliens in California are marked "Federal Limits Apply."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP is holding a US Passport? No better proof of identity and citizenship exists in this country.

Fly with the passport, and drive with the other thing.

The driver licenses issued to the illegal aliens in California are marked "Federal Limits Apply."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB60 is the biggest load of horseturd ever invented.

"
After you get your driver's license
Remember that everyone has rights - regardless of your immigration status. Learn more about your rights with an AB 60 license and inform yourself about consumer issues for AB 60 license holders."

Disgusting.

(I just spent a few years and a considerable amount of dollars to be here legally. And California just gives out licenses etc like candy. Disgusting.)

I live in AR but was not aware that they had two versions of the drivers license. I'm glad ARFlyer started this thread. I'll be sure and have the federally compliant one before they are required. The state should sure do a better job of publishing this info.

AB60 is the biggest load of horseturd ever invented.

(I just spent a few years and a considerable amount of dollars to be here legally. And California just gives out licenses etc like candy. Disgusting.)

Here in NM the hardest way to get a drivers license is to be caucasian. Me, born in the USA, had the hardest time changing my DL to NM. It took several trips to the DMV with many documents to please the manager of the day. My wife, holder of a green card at the time, no current DL from anywhere, got it did and done in two trips, 1 to take the written and schedule the driving test, and 1 to take the driving test. :dunno:

(could have been a female thing since all employees of the local DMV are non-males)

Virginia grandfathered me from having to show anything to renew. I had to bring a SS card when I got my NC license.

I always use my TWIC card at airport security anyhow. It's completely unimpressive looking but it is issued by the TSA. They never even bat an eye even when I use it way inland.

Bear in mind that the requirement to obtain a US issued driver's license in most states is one of residency, not citizenship. Foreign nationals working or studying under a visa can obtain a driver's license in the state of their residency.

Back