Do you say "we" when solo?

Do you say "we" even when solo?

• Always "we", solo or with passengers/crew.

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • Always "I", solo or with passengers/crew

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • "I" solo, "we" with passengers/crew

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • "We" solo, "I" with passengers/crew

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Always refer to myself in the third person

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Any/all of the above at random.

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters
That would be fun. My CFII is just crazy enough to go along with that. We'll have to try a different field, however. KOLM has a tower. :p

Especially if some other aircraft chimes in. Your right seater could respond by telling him he is not cleared to land, or better yet: "Aircraft calling Podunk, remain clear of the Podunk Echo. Try calling back in 15 minutes."

Make sure the “tower” gives a —caution wake turbulence— after that Cezna departs!

Make sure the “tower” gives a —caution wake turbulence— after that Cezna departs!

LOL! I've done that when flying a light sport with someone behind me in the pattern. "Light sport 123AB on short final. Cessna on downwind, beware my wake turbulence."

I usually leave the article out, as in, "will be vomiting doing maneuvers in practice area," or "Bravo Foxtrot Delta 007 climbing to 86000," but I don't always agree, so sometimes I shut up and let me talk....or me...or all of us at once.

Do you say "we" even when solo?
  1. Always "we", solo or with passengers/crew.
  2. Always "I", solo or with passengers/crew
  3. "I" solo, "we" with passengers/crew
  4. "We" solo, "I" with passengers/crew
  5. Always refer to myself in the third person
  6. Any/all of the above at random.
All other aircraft please advise.

We say "we" when we are solo. Why wouldn't we?

I concentrate on not saying "with you" more than think about pronouns. But with the wife on board as WIC, it's we.

I think I'll start using "me" and a cookie monster/Fozzie Bear voice..."Me request practice ILS approach to BFF...Wokka Wokka Wokkaaaahhhh!"....or would it be "Us climbing to 6500...Aahhhhhhhhh!........?"

I believe the expression “we” originated from smaller aircraft pilots listening to the airliners. Thus, it became common nomenclature.

Just a guess.

Naah. There's two of us. Me, and my metal mistress. Thus, "we".

Back