Do Garmin OnePaks include Garmin Pilot?

Leo Langston

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
llangston1
I need to update the databases on my GNX375 in my Navion and am looking at a Garmin OnePak bundle. Does that bundle come with a full Garmin PIlot app subscription or just a Premium upgrade if I have already purchased the standard version separately? Currently I use Foreflight Plus and need to resubscribe and their new price is up to $240/yr. I also have to update my Aspen 2000 Pro Max display databases so I am trying to save some money, if possible, by switching to Garmin Pilot instead of Foreflight. If I stay with what I use now I have to buy separate Aspen DBs from Seattle Avionics, the GNX375 DB from Garmin and then a new FF yearly subscription. Any suggestions/recommendations to save a little money are appreciated.

Just the premium upgrade. You have to already have the standard version.

as above. comes with premium upgrade

I switched to Pilot when I put in some new Garmin stuff. I actually like it better than ForeFlight. Plus way cheaper with the bundle.

With your avionics, there's no reason to buy a OnePak (or a Pilot Pak for that matter). For your 375, the cheapest is just a regular "bundle" which runs $499 to $599 for an annual subscription. As for Garmin Pilot, the standard version subscription is $110/year and the Premium upgrade is an additional $100 so the total for both is $210/year.

So the Garmin math is:
US Bundle $499 + GarminPilot Standard W/ Premium Upgrade $210 = $709
US Standard OnePak $669 + GarminPilot Standard $110 = $779
North America Bundle $599 + GarminPilot Standard W/ Premium Upgrade $210 = $809

Last edited:
With your avionics, there's no reason to buy a OnePak (or a Pilot Pak for that matter). For your 375, the cheapest is just a regular "bundle" which runs $499 to $599 for an annual subscription. As for Garmin Pilot, the standard version subscription is $110/year and the Premium upgrade is an additional $100 so the total for both is $210/year.

So the Garmin math is:
US Bundle $499 + GarminPilot Standard W/ Premium Upgrade $210 = $709
US Standard OnePak $669 + GarminPilot Standard $110 = $779
North America Bundle $599 + GarminPilot Standard W/ Premium Upgrade $210 = $809

Well using these numbers I would only save $30-40 switching to Garmin PIlot so that's not a big savings. I was hoping to save $100-200 or more. I have used FF for years now and not sure I want to switch if it doesn't save me lots of $$$.

Thx everyone.

Go to SNF or Oshkosh and visit the Garmin tent and they have show specials that save you more. And they give you credit for what you have already paid for so you don't lose out on anything if it is the middle of your current subscription. You'll just have to crunch the numbers for yourself again and see if it makes sense.

Back