Dish & Fox

Contract debates. Fox wants more money and slots. Dish wants to pay less. Just like with the weather channel and other networks where this has happened. I'm sure there are some radical right wing extremists that think it is a liberal plot. And there are probably left wing liberal weenies who think it is Fox being taught a lesson. They're full of crap. It's just contract money negotiations.

Not just Dish.
Find the SAME problems with DirecTV (lastest included AMC & A&E and NBC) and with the various cable companies.

The various "networks" are just trying to "Hollywood" and "IRS" consumers by trying to get more free $$$$$ with less work on their part.
The satellite/cable providers are trying to react against consumer complaints of of escalating inflationary costs.

All politics; but my take is the networks are the bad guys -- more need to be "Interview"ed

It's about bundling and fees. You will pay for Oprah, whether you watch her or not....

It's always about the money. Follow the money.

:D I don't have cable or satellite

Karen and I cut the cord about 18 months ago and watch all of our content via the web via AppleTV or our smart TV, or via NetFlix DVD's.

Sometimes aggravating, but works well enough and more and more content is available that way.

If HBO and ESPN ever offer their own a la carte service, you'd see people leaving satellite and cable providers in droves. My Roku 3 provides almost all of the tv I'd care to watch between Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime and the OTA channels take care of the rest.

I for one am getting tired of this crap. Mom and Dad are fighting, so let's punish the kids. If our politicians had any huevos, we'd have the option of a la carte programming .... oh, never mind. :mad:

Not just Dish.

All politics; but my take is the networks are the bad guys -- more need to be "Interview"ed

Agree completely. Networks, be they cable or on air, are all greedy and are the primary reason our satellite/cable rates are so high. i applaud when dish/directv/comcast backout channels during negotiations. When networks win, i lose.

I for one am getting tired of this crap. Mom and Dad are fighting, so let's punish the kids. If our politicians had any huevos, we'd have the option of a la carte programming .... oh, never mind. :mad:

It's the same thing as every single labour union strike. Management and the union can't get along, so screw the customers.

Let's not get the government any more involved than they already are! :hairraise:
I have Direct TV and I watch about 10 channels on a fairly regular basis, another 5-10 that I watch a couple times a month, if I am scrolling and see something interesting. But, I have hundreds of channels and they all have commercials on them already! Isn't that what cable was supposed to do, we pay for the service and get TV and movies without commercials?? :dunno:

If the companies offered ala carte, they'd cut their own throat. Of the 300 or so channels I get with their tiers, I probably watch no more than 20 on a regular basis. 5 network, a couple of movie channels, a couple of sports for auto races, and the discovery and science channels.
I suppose I could do without them all and not miss them. It would be strange not to have a TV though.

Let's not get the government any more involved than they already are! :hairraise:
I have Direct TV and I watch about 10 channels on a fairly regular basis, another 5-10 that I watch a couple times a month, if I am scrolling and see something interesting. But, I have hundreds of channels and they all have commercials on them already! Isn't that what cable was supposed to do, we pay for the service and get TV and movies without commercials?? :dunno:

I'm similar except for me it's about 3 tv shows that I actually care about watching anymore and occasionally the news when something big is going on. I'm trying to convince my wife to just dump the service but she watches a little more than me. I used to turn on stuff like the History Chanel a lot but it's not even history most of the time now, just a bunch of stupid reality TV shows.

Between the increasing prices and the decline of good content I think these guys are getting close to a tipping point.

Reality TV did a damn good job of killing most of the networks I care about. It's easier to watch content these days without cable service than it is with it.

Today...

Finished yesterday's Meet The Press via its Apple TV app.

Watched the season finale of Community on Hulu+.

Watched an episode from Season 1 of Agents of SHIELD on Netflix.

Watched about the first half of "Hawking" on Netflix.

Never without a wide choice of things to watch sans satellite or cable.

Same thing with Dish and CBS last month. This is the new normal with paid TV delivery.

The antenna is working great! ;)

Reality TV did a damn good job of killing most of the networks I care about. It's easier to watch content these days without cable service than it is with it.

Except live sports. But with a proxy host and VPN, even that can be done.

As long as I have Netflix, FXX, COMEDEY CENTRAL, AND AL JAZEERA I'm good. Gotta have my League and it's always sunny

Fox is working perfectly on my Dish service.

Interesting I checked the guide and it said "Fox removed this channel" When I went to 205 There was a banner with the "Fox removed this channel" message. However the programming was still there. Additionally the "Dish has blocked Fox" Banner is missing from the internet Fox News.

Back