Deviant Pilots

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
We have a thread on pilot deviation. Do we need a thread on deviant pilots? Just to keep things balanced.

Much too long a thread.
Easier to confine it to 'normal people who are pilots'.

And here I thought I was normal because I like BOOBS!

Much too long a thread.
Easier to confine it to 'normal people who are pilots'.
Where do you find normal people who are pilots? This is our doormat.
9475_4.jpg

Could be. I don’t memorize these things. :)

It's my former airline lol, although it was a pilot from the ExpressJet side and I was at the ASA side, but company (SkyWest Inc) changed the name to ExpressJet. But we had our share of weird pilots too.

It's my former airline lol, although it was a pilot from the ExpressJet side and I was at the ASA side, but company (SkyWest Inc) changed the name to ExpressJet. But we had our share of weird pilots too.
isn't regional lifer and weirdo a redundant statement? ;)

When he said it was ignorant I took that to mean not only was the comment inaccurate it was so inaccurate only an ignorant person could say it
Ignorant can mean almost anything here...

When he said it was ignorant I took that to mean not only was the comment inaccurate it was so inaccurate only an ignorant person could say it

My comment was tongue in cheek. I'm a little surprised a jokester like @mscard88 would get triggered by it though. I recognize the term lifer can carry some baggage for the regional types, but I wasn't trying to dig out any latent feelings of vocational inadequacy by the comment. My apologies if it hit a nerve.

My comment was tongue in cheek. I'm a little surprised a jokester like @mscard88 would get triggered by it though. I recognize the term lifer can carry some baggage for the regional types, but I wasn't trying to dig out any latent feelings of vocational inadequacy by the comment. My apologies if it hit a nerve.
Didn’t bother me. I was just sharing me interpretation of the post. Hopefully I’m wrong. Lifer at the regional level could be considered an insult by some. Frankly some of the senior captains I flew with earned the label. They were the minority though

I've been hearing that ignorant comment for a long time. And you know exactly what your comment is and intended. Tongue in cheek you say, but I doubt that from your previous posts on POA. No nerve hit here. I don't regret my 24 years and did quite well. Not on a level of the majors but not everyone can get there.

I've been hearing that ignorant comment for a long time. And you know exactly what your comment is and intended. Tongue in cheek you say, but I doubt that from your previous posts on POA. No nerve hit here. I don't regret my 24 years and did quite well. Not on a level of the majors but not everyone can get there.

Well that escalated quickly...

Seriously though, I'm telling you it was just a joke.

Back