Denton, TX to Hicks - a different kind of video

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
A couple of weeks ago I was in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for a recording of "In The Hangar", and four of us YouTubers made the short hop from Denton (KDTO) to Hicks (T67) on Sunday morning for breakfast at the Beacon Cafe. Nice restaurant!

This video is a little different from my normal productions in that the four of us shared all the footage and each produced a vlog in our own typical style. So if you're not asleep at the end of this one, the end screen will point you at three other angles of this trip.

Denton is my home base. Wish I knew you were around so I could come out to meet you in person.

Company headquarters is at the airport in Denton. Yet to stop in but it looks like a nice little airport.

Company headquarters is at the airport in Denton. Yet to stop in but it looks like a nice little airport.
What company?

And if you do make the trip, let me know and I’ll invite ya to dinner at one of the local eateries

What company?

And if you do make the trip, let me know and I’ll invite ya to dinner at one of the local eateries

Med-Trans. Looks like we’re located in the back behind the hangars.

Thanks, will do if I get out there. We occasionally get sent to ferry aircraft in / out of Denton.

Unfortunately, the Beacon has made some big changed recently....Closed during the week now and only open on the weekends....

another good one Martin!

That Hicks sure does look like a rattletrap air park...with all the mis-match hangars.
and I agree with "Satire" that it's a shame having businesses take up that space.

I found that funny.... at one of my local airports, KSGJ, there is a very long wait list for hangars. I politely scoffed when having a conversation with the airport manager about "you should build more hangars" and her response was they don't have the space. Seems laughable to me looking at the place.... and they are replacing a lot of the old hangars there.....and the other sad thing is they are replacing small GA T hangars with much larger ones.
Hicks is like the other extreme!

That Hicks sure does look like a rattletrap air park...with all the mis-match hangars.

I was gonna let the Hicks slamming go. But...

It's pretty funny to hear someone ragging on peoples hangars when they don't even have a door or a paved floor, much less electricity and plumbing, on theirs. The "apartments" at T67 are pretty kick ass. Many have over 2000sqft of living space. Typical sales prices are 600k to 1mil. Rattletrap?

It is true that the runway is not level, but it is in very good repair and the lighting on the rwy and taxiways is kept up nicely.

The Beacon Cafe is going through changes because, as I've heard, the owners divorced and the wife kept the airport location and the husband opened the other location. It is unfortunate because it's a long walk and there is no FBO / courtesy car to get there. Don't know if they'll pick you up.

I only meant it looks rattletrap-ish because of the lack of any sort of uniformity, and so much jammed up so tight together in a small space.

Hey, I don't even have a hangar.... was the greater point of my post. I wish they would put more in at the airport near me!

that sure is a huge hangar for such a nice but little airplane ;)

I hope the Beacon Cafe will survive. I have always had really good food when I have been there.

I do too. I had noticed that Christie had something going on from some conversations around the place and how she was looking. She looked completely wore our for quite a while there.

Back