Degree?

Bachelors in Electrical Engineering.
My wife has a bachelors in Political Science and a Masters in Special Education (practical experience for living with me, but I should have sent her to A&P school instead, we'd have come out ahead).

BS Computer Sciences
MS Software Engineering
Vietnam era GI bill time and money ran out as I graduated with the Masters. The Law School came trolling thru the Software Engineering classes talking about this new program they were starting up to earn a JD in Intellectual Property Law ... said it was gonna be HUGE! :) My wife hadn't seen much of me in the prior 24 months and kind of said she had put up with about as much schooling as she could take...

No degree here.

I leveraged my Air Force experience (enlisted) supporting the Corona polar orbiting reconnaissance satellites in the early sixties into a job with a JPL contractor at NASA Goldstone tracking station supporting Lunar Orbiter, Surveyor, and Pioneer missions. Then I got a salaried exempt job with Hughes Aircraft working on Phoenix and Sidewinder air-to-air missile development. That job was the same as EEs were being hired for, so I didn't see the need to go back to school for a degree. I eventually retired in 2003 from Visa International (the credit card association) as VP of Global Strategy and Planning (lots of international travel).

I got my private certificate through the Air Force Aero Club at Vandenberg in 1964.

Hey was just wondering how many pilots out there have a degree. And or if a degree like a associates or bachelors is required to be ATP or any commercial job

No. If you have the certificates and ratings that's all you need and none of them require a degree. Aviation isn't a degree-required profession like medicine or law. Having a degree is definitely an extra feather on the resume and might give you a leg up for a position in a particular organization, but required...No.

I earned my PhD early in life, growing up on a farm...

31N1FEjhuiL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Farm life PhD ... Posthole Diggers
I always thought that PhD stood for Piled Higher and Deeper.

Thanks everyone you were vary helpful

I have found one thing far more useful than a rubber stamped degree.......

Being an honorably discharged Marine. Being serious here....My education has had little to do with my jobs and being a Marine has open quit a few 6 figure salaries for me. I owe my success to the Corps.

YMMV.......

I have found one thing far more useful than a rubber stamped degree.......

Being an honorably discharged Marine. Being serious here....My education has had little to do with my jobs and being a Marine has open quit a few 6 figure salaries for me. I owe my success to the Corps.

YMMV.......
We all thank you for your service to this country.

I worked for a guy in IT, and he had good results hiring music majors as entry level software developers - I suspect, but don't know, that there are similarities in the progression of creative "design", the "logic".

Makes sense. Both music and computer programs are written in a highly structured nonverbal code, and in both the result can be clean and elegant or loose and sloppy.

Makes sense. Both music and computer programs are written in a highly structured nonverbal code, and in both the result can be clean and elegant or loose and sloppy.
Except for the fact that musical notation has a lot of shortcomings compared to, say, C (says the former DoD programmer, and current amateur musician).

Back