David Clark One-X

I tried on the DCs at Oshkosh and was underwhelmed. I've got Lightspeeds and have been quite happy. The only thing pilots get as emotional about as airplanes is headsets.

One thing nobody's mentioned about the One-X so far is the battery cover. I thought it was really ugly and out of place when I first saw it but then realized there's a reason for it. Turns out that it extracts the dead batteries and functions a retainer while you install the fresh batteries. Very clever David Clark, very clever...

Clipboard.jpg

Go to a store and try on for 5 min at a time a DC, A20, and a Zulu. Take the one most comfortable.

I get about 35 log book hours of flying on a set of batteries. I have a Zulu 3

Good read so far, I am actually looking for something different as I have 2 Bose A20 headsets and both have had one ear quit working in mid flight so I’m done with Bose. I also have a lightspeed Zulu I’m using since my Bose failed but might try the DC’s as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started my pilot journey with old school DCs bought off eBay. Much later bought a pair of LS Sierras used from a PoA member and love them. Maybe someday I’ll try the DC One-x but I’m happy now.

Will say DC is really CS oriented. I accidentally dropped them and broke an ear seal and DC completely refurbed them for a fair price. Maybe $100 or a bit more. They emailed me and completely explained what they were doing and asked permission to continue for a given price. Props for that.

I've got two One Xs up front and two A20's in the back for passengers.

I use the Lemo connection for my One Xs.

Like others, I tried them on one year at Oshkosh and got a good show special to boot.

The Dave Clark customer service is legendary and earned. My wife destroyed the Lemo connector trying to plug it in and DC repaired at no charge even for a self inflicted problem. They would not hear of me paying for the repair.

Customer for life.

Back